There is a 1 year contract opportunity for a Test Specialist, in Ottawa.
Must have 5 to 8 years of experience in business application and/or software testing,
Strong experience analyzing and understanding functional, technical and non-functional requirements in a variety of application environments.
Experience using JIRA and using and leveraging automated testing tools.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year
– Contract duration: 1 year with possibilities of extension for another year
– This is a full-time onsite role and there is no flexibility for remote or part-time work arrangement. Hired contractor must work in a SCRUM room with other team members
– The role involves both development and support activities
POSITION TITLE: QA Specialist – Intermediate
– Supports the existing Common Payment Web Application as the primary Tester for all new and existing projects
– Support Kount integration activities ( set up profiles, admin rights, facilitates/monitors fraud related rules
– Facilitates communication with the team and with other groups to ensure that testing designs (scripts, data, expected results, etc.) are clearly understood and all testing requirements are met.
– Upholds the standards and expectations set forth by management and ensures Innovapost guidelines, strategies and procedures are followed.
– Provides updates and status reports to the Test Lead/Test Manager and/or Project Manager as appropriate.
– Leads and mentors junior team members and provides input to the Test Lead/Test Manager with regard to team member’s performance evaluations. Works closely with different functional groups to resolve and prevent issues, ensure thorough testing from a business perspective, and understands support issues.
– Converts requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology.
– Adapts to the client and partner requirements. Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings.
– Takes responsibility for data entry completeness and accuracy and record keeping of tests completed.
– Performs end-to-end and complex functional testing of key business processes using available tools and applications.
– Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides QA sign-off documentation.
EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
– 5 to 8 years of experience in business application and/or software testing required
– Previous Test and Support experience
– Strong experience analyzing and understanding functional, technical and non-functional requirements in a variety of application environments.
– Experience designing, creating, performing, and documenting both functional and technical test cases and scripts.
– Experience using and leveraging automated testing tools
– Experience using JIRA
NICE TO HAVE
– Agile experience, ecommerce test experience, Java for automated test perspective
– Experience using Cucumber, Selenium