There is a 1 year contract opportunity for Technical Writer – Intermediate in Ottawa.
Requirement is for an Intermediate Technical Writer to assist in creating technical documents to assist in client’s transition/transformation work,
will have to collaborate extensively with an extended Development Team.
Must have 3+ years of relevant experience.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year
Job Posting Title: Technical Writer – Intermediate
– Hiring manager may hire 2 resources instead of one (the 2nd position is not yet confirmed).
– There is no flexibility for remote work or part-time work arrangement. Hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite at 9 Auriga Dr, Ottawa, ON
Position title: Technical Writer – Intermediate
The Retail Transformation Project requires an Intermediate Technical Writer to assist in creating technical documents to assist in our transition/transformation work. Will collaborate extensively with an extended Development Team.
– Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with leaders to discuss and capture technical documentation
– Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
– Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
– Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
– Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
– Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
Skill & Qualification requirements:
– 3+ years of relevant experience
– Excellent written Communication skill
– Ability to Explain Concepts Clearly
– Planning and Organization skills
– Knowledge of Software and Computers
– Attention to Detail; Multitasking
– Ability to Work Under Pressure.
Nice to have:
– Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or Information Technology