There is a 2 years contract opportunity in Ottawa, with possibility of remote work, for a Technical Project Manager at intermediate level.
Must have experience in VoIP Telephony, audio/video/screen share conference facilities implementation.
Enterprise network experience including LAN, WAN and Wireless LAN and/or UCaaS experience.
Job Posting Title: Technical Project Manager – Intermediate
Site: Ottawa | 2 years contract
365 March Road
– There is no possibility of extension since it is a 2 years contract.
– Hiring Manager is open to hire someone working remotely but selected candidate will have to come on site every week.
As a Technical Project Manager, you are an articulate project leader who will drive stakeholder decisions for delivery schedules, while working with a vendor to drive delivery performance in a dynamic environment.
You will own specific technical initiatives and be responsible for tracking and decision making across multiple initiatives, and across all stages of implementation including: planning, requirements gathering, design, testing, customer acceptance, deployment and Day 2 support
Specifically, you will also own the integration of multiple schedules and manage implications that feed into these. You will adjust program schedules to manage deliverables which meet overall program budget and milestone outcomes.
- Understand a combination of targets assigned to each partner stream: project targets, functional-milestone targets, financial spend and compliance targets
- Balance activity schedules when funding changes, more funding becomes available, or financial pressures arise
- Understand financial impacts of updates to forecasts against targets; identify opportunities, risks, and determine appropriate adjustments within your master schedule and budget
- Develop delivery levers to speed up or slow down delivery, in response to changes in program priorities
- Recognize, document and mitigate project risks
- Manage and drive project action items
- Lead weekly leadership forums across multiple vendor/partner streams; leverage the forums to drive required decisions across external and internal functional stakeholder leaders
- Experience planning for and executing activities for large scale deployments and migrations in organization with more than 10,000 employees
- Demonstrated ability to process both detailed variables, and broad strategic decisions to adjust program schedules at the correct level, understand the implications of changes in one part of a schedule, and adjust the other parts of the schedule appropriately
- Demonstrated stakeholder facilitation skills, with specific experience in driving decision-making
- Comfortable with strategic plan development and implementation.
- Adept at balancing shifting priorities in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate requirements and remove roadblocks
- Previous successes in analyzing complex business changes and recommending solutions strategies/policy directions to senior management and external parties
- Solid understanding of financial budget management, including forecasting and compliance
- Team player
- Technical acumen
Must Have Skills
- VoIP Telephony, audio/video/screen share conference facilities implementation experience
- Experience implementing LAN between facilities, LAN & WLAN within facilities
- Enterprise network experience including LAN, WAN and Wireless LAN and/or;
- UCaaS experience in implementing large Enterprise deployments which transition the customer from a legacy solution/environment to a managed service model or environment
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environment
- Advanced knowledge of the SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Understanding of ITIL mythology
- Local to the National Capital Region
- Partner management experience
- University or College degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Fluent in both French and English
- Team lead or indirect lead experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Worked within organization that have a combination of a Union and non-Unionized workforce