We have an excellent 5 months contract opportunity for a Senior Systems Testing/ QA Specialist in Toronto.
Work would be done onsite.
• Demonstrated 5+ years of experience in all functions of system testing
• Demonstrated experience in Agile test methodology
• Demonstrated experience in developing and running automated test cases
• Demonstrated experience with IBM Rational Functional Tester Version 126.96.36.199 or higher;
• Experience with IBM AppScan Version 8.5, IBM Rational Quality Manager Version 4.0, and IBM Rational Performance Tester Version 8.2
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR refer someone interested.
Title: Systems Testing/QA Specialist – Senior
Period: 5 Months
Start Date – 2022-10-17
End Date: 2023-03-31
Working Hrs.: 7.25 Hrs. / day
Assignment Type: – Onsite.
Hands on experience with manual testing
Working in fast paced environment
Quick to switch (fast adaptability)
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
1. 5 or more years of experience as a Systems Testing/QA Specialist;
2. Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
3. Experience with Agile Sprint Management and Bug tracking solutions such as Azure
4. Experience running automated tests
5. Experience working with Selenium to develop automated test cases
6. Use Azure or other bug tracking tools.
7. Demonstrated experience in all functions of system testing;
8. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment;
9. Ability to identify, trace, isolate and replicate problems and successfully conduct root cause analysis as required;
10. Experience in documenting in detail the UAT Test Cases, and other related UAT artifacts;
11. Experienced with using defect management tools for QA/QC work (e.g. Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM) or similar tools);
12. Experience in managing defect reporting and resolution during the defect cycle, this includes working with the user acceptance test lead to report and resolve defects in a timely manner;
13. Demonstrated experience in development of test plan and reusable test cases; and
14. Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills; excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
15. Participates in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test automation is promoted and applied effectively across multiple teams
16. Researches tools, methods, and technology trends to support departmental test automation objectives
QA Skills – 40%
· Demonstrated 5+ years of experience in all functions of system testing
· Demonstrated experience in Agile test methodology
· Demonstrated experience in developing and running automated test cases
· Demonstrated experience with documenting in detail the UAT artifacts the UAT test
· cases, UAT execution findings
· Demonstrated experience with the Software development life cycle (SDLC)
· Demonstrated experience with software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
· Demonstrated experience in developing Test Cases, Test Strategies, Test plans;
· including Test Case Execution, Defect Triaging, and Defect Logging
Automation Testing – 15%
· Demonstrated the ability to Plan and develop Test Plans and Test Cases to ensure
· development outputs meet defined specification cases in coordination with Business
· requirements, Technical Specifications, installers / upgrades documents, and
· Demonstrates the ablity to use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and
· build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
· Develop and execute automation scripts using automation tools (primarily) Selenium
· and other automation tools.
· Ability to execute and analyze automation test results.
Technical Skills – 20%
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented
· Demonstrated experience with IBM Rational Functional Tester Version 188.8.131.52 or higher;
· experience with IBM AppScan Version 8.5, IBM Rational Quality Manager Version 4.0,
· and IBM Rational Performance Tester Version 8.2
· Demonstrated knowledge in testing applications in BPM 8.6
· SOAP/ Rest UI Backend testing
Defect Management – 15%
· Demonstrated experience in defect management process, using defect management
· tools, and reporting defect status
· Demonstrated experience in identifying, tracing, isolating and replicating problems and
· successfully conducting root cause analysis
· Experienced with using defect management tools for QA/QC work such as Rational
· Team Concert version 4.0 (RTC) and Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
· Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using JIRA or similar tools/means
Communication Skills – 10%
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Articulate, detail oriented, hard-working, team player being able to work under pressure
Strong collaboration and negotiation skills