There is a 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for Solution Architect – Senior in Ottawa.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 6 months contract
Job Posting Title: Solution Architect – Senior
– Start date: ASAP
– Contract duration: 6 months with strong possibilities of extension
– Work location: 9 Auriga Dr, Nepean, ON (hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite)
– Hiring team is open to market rates
– Hired contractor will work in the ‘Retail Transformation Project’
– Key aspects that, need focus on are MicroSoft end point experience, Point of sale systems and the Azure cloud
– Work in partnership with Strategy, COE’s and the business so as to help in defining future services, enhancement and direction.
– Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles
– Work across the CPGC to understand and leverage common solution components where appropriate
– Work closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented
– Design and implement complex systems solutions across the stack
– Translate business requirements into an overall technical solution that is robust, scalable and extensible
– Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security
– Recognize opportunities for reuse, componentization, dependencies and interactions between components and projects and take ownership of resolving issues/conflicts
– Participate in the definition of a change release strategy for application change initiatives
– Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches
– Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities
– Author architectural solution documents
– Support the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure.
– Provide technical thought, leadership and mentoring
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
– Knowledge of web technologies and application security and techniques
– Knowledgeable and practical experience in applying OWASP security controls
– Knowledgeable on PCI DSS security controls and experience in their implementation
– Understanding on risk-based security frameworks with specific focus on the following areas:
o Systems Security
o Network Security
o Endpoint protection
o Information Security
– Experience with ISF IRAM 2 Methodology and its application in an Enterprise Cloud based solution
– At least one IT security related certification, e.g. CISSP, CSSA
– Knowledge of Azure NSGs, ASGs
– Knowledge of Network Virtual Appliances (NVAs) on Azure
– Knowledge of building a compliant Remote Access solutions
– Knowledge with infrastructure automation tools