There is a 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a Senior Solution Architect, in Toronto.
Reliability level security clearance is mandatory.
Must have Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Networking, Virtualization, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services.
Familiar with / basic knowledge of cloud computing technologies.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org refer someone interested.
Job Posting Title: Solution Architect – Senior
Location: Currently remote. (Post Covid situation: contractor to work fulltime onsite at Meadowpind Blvd office at Mississauga)
Contract : 6 months contract with extension
Description: ADDITIONAL NOTES:
– Although the start date is mentioned as June 15, 2020, Hiring Manager is looking for someone who can start ASAP.
– Contract duration is 6 months. Potential extension exists after the initial mandate
– Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Networking, Virtualization, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services and a positive attitude towards learning newer things are the key qualifications required for this role
– Based on current covid-19 situation, hired contractor will initially start remotely. However, when things settle down, the contractor will have to work fulltime onsite at Meadowpind Blvd office at Mississauga
– There might be occasional travel to the Super Hub site which is just 10 km away from the office. But no travel is required to Ottawa or elsewhere.
– Hiring Manager is open to market rates
Client is investing significantly to build their National Super Hub in Mississauga and have already procured a land for this project. Different physical machines/ systems from their existing hub will be moved and setup in the new Super Hub.
Various parts of the physical machinery system is connected to IT Infrastructure via different custom applications.
Key responsibility of the hired Solution Architect will be to analyze application integration patterns and infrastructure technology to determine its ability to support the solutions required and creates relevant conceptual solution and solution map to be referenced by other teams to utilize during their solution planning.
Reporting to the BSD Solution Integration Architect (“SIA”) and Business Partner, Architecture and Strategy, the Solution Architect translates business requirements into solution architecture that complies with enterprise architectural standards and roadmaps. This role is pivotal in delivering and maintaining a solution that best suits business requirements. The SA should have a wide breadth of knowledge on Architectural principles. The Solution Architect analyzes application integration patterns and infrastructure technology to determine its ability to support the solutions required and creates relevant conceptual solution and solution map to be referenced by other teams to utilize during their solution planning.
• Create, evaluate and recommend solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements
• Collaborate with Architecture COE on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps
• Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the current corporate integration requirements
• Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project/initiative
• Lead and delegate development responsibilities to developers and specialists to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame
• Provide guidance and coaching to other architects, developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process
• Assess and articulate any impacts of the solution on existing business and technical landscape
• Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles
• Work closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented
• Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security
• Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches
• Author architectural solution documents
• Assists with design and implementation of available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and systems, with help from senior Architects
• Assists with implementation Architecture solution from an Application and Infrastructure perspective
• Assist with integration of infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure / data center environment
• Assist with design of reference Architecture for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the applications
• Educates team to implement based on best practices
• Provides hands-on technical support to accelerate Cloud learning among peers
• Familiar with / basic knowledge of cloud computing technologies
• Knowledge of technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization
• Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross application context
• Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages
• Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments
• Excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration
• Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain
Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (required), Graduate degree in engineering, computer science (Asset)