We have an excellent 1 year contract opportunity for a Senior Solution Architect in Ottawa. Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience as a Solution Architect.
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT.
• Application development concepts: Familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within highly complex application environments.
• Experience designing and building event-driven reactive microservice architectures using domain driven design.
• Experience developing solutions in Azure, AWS or Google on Kubernetes.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Job Posting Title: Solution Architect – Senior
Job Posting Start Date: 09/27/2021
Job Posting End Date: 09/23/2022
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
Reporting to the Solution Integration Architect (“SIA”) Lead, the Senior Solution Architect (“SA”) will work effectively across COEs, scrum teams, business and Business Solution Delivery (BSDs) groups to design and build event-driven reactive microservices architectures using domain driven designs. She/he has a cross-functional understanding of distributed software architecture, container-based solutions, cloud technologies and security.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Develop a solution architecture that accurately translates complex business requirements to an innovative solution and ensure the design is secure, robust, scalable and extensible.
• Create, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements to be presented to the Architecture Review Board.
• Collaborate with Architecture COEs on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards, future direction and enterprise/cloud roadmaps
• Liaise with Scrum/Delivery teams, Project Managers, management, business and BSDs to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
• Lead and delegate development responsibilities to developers to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented and the project is completed within the required time frame.
• Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements
• Provide guidance and coaching to other architects, developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process
• Assess and articulate any impacts of the solution on existing business and technical landscape
• Develop architectural blueprints and practices that can be referenced and adhered to by the BSD SIA and the BSD architects
• Support the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure.
• Supports cloud services deployment through service introduction and release management activities.
• Provide inputs and guidance on the whole lifecycle of cloud services, from inception and design, through development, deployment and operation.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Client Management: Solution design, application development, familiarity with functional and performance aspects of integration, cloud knowledge
• Cross-functional understanding of software architecture, abstraction layers and distributed software architecture
• Strong understanding of eventually consistent software systems
• Experience building everything-as-code solutions from source to infrastructure to security and cost compliance
• Strong facilitation and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
• Developing organization-wide cloud solutions that adhere to cloud architecture standards
• Ability to align business capabilities to cloud solutions
1) Minimum 5-8 years’ experience as a Solution Architect.
2) Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT.
3) Application development concepts: Familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within highly complex application environments
4) Experience designing and building event-driven reactive microservice architectures using domain driven design
5) Experience deploying container-based solutions on Kubernetes
6) Experience developing solutions in Azure, AWS or Google on Kubernetes
Nice to have’s
1) Strong competencies in adaptor patterns using Camel and Spring frameworks (asset)
2) Experience design solutions on the Akka Actor model (asset)
Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent
Certifications: TOGAF (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), IT Architecture Certification (Asset), SOA (Asset), Integration technologies (FUSE/DataStage/MQ/DataPower) (Asset), Azure Cloud Certification (Asset)