There is a 6 months contract opportunity for a Senior SOA Developer. Location is Ottawa but can be done 100% remotely.
Reliability level security clearance is mandatory.
• Experience with Oracle SOA Suite Development using JDeveloper
• Solid understanding of SOA patterns, standards & best practices
• Experience with web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, WADL, JSON)
Job Posting Title: Developer – Senior
Contract : 6 months
Location: Ottawa. Can be done 100% remotely as well.
– Start date: Monday June 22 or sooner
– Contract duration is 6 months. At this point it is unknown whether or not there could be extensions after the initial mandate
– Primary work location is 365 March Rd, Kanata, Ottawa. However, hired contractor can work 100% remotely as well. There is flexibility in terms of work location
– Hired contractor will require to work in multiple projects
– Technical skills requirements mentioned below are in order of importance
– Hiring Manager is open to market rate
Position Title: SOA Developer
• The Developer role is to develop application code in accordance with application standards and best practices working on projects, change requests and minor enhancements.
• This individual is responsible for analyzing, developing and delivering the technical solution that satisfies the functional design documents and other useful requirements.
• The Developer also works with incident management software to investigate, resolve issues with various applications and resolve defects.
• The Developer unit tests changes to applications to ensure that the quality level delivered to QA is acceptable.
• This individual is well versed in agile methodologies and development.
• Experience with Oracle SOA Suite Development using JDeveloper.
• Solid understanding of SOA patterns, standards & best practices;
• Experience with web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, WADL, JSON);
• Knowledge of security concepts (WS-* security, SSL)
• Soap UI and XML editing tools
• Experience with WebLogic Server, BPM, Mediator, Business Rules, XML Schema, XQuery and JMS.
• Knowledge of Basic SOA Admin functions (configuration and deployment) using Enterprise Manager and Admin Console.
• Experience using XSLT/XPath, XSL, XSD, DTD, XML
• Multi-stream code management using a central repository (eg. SVN/Tortoise)
• IDE (Netbeans, or Eclipse or similar IDEs)
• Software development methodologies and processes.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience with file transfer services (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, heuristics)
• Application server management/configuration (GlassFish or WebLogic, WebSphere)