There is a 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a Senior Project Manager in Toronto.
Must have managed 2 or more end to end, high complexity Programs (multiple vendors, stakeholders and technology).
Managed programs using Agile methodology with 2 or more scrum teams.
And over 10 years’ experience of contributing to the success of a range of large-to-very large initiatives with above average levels of complexity and business criticality.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
Site: Toronto | 6 months
Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Senior
– The hiring manager is looking for very senior level resource who can start ASAP
– There is no flexibility in terms of work location. Hired contractor will have to work full-time onsite at Solar Dr location
– The initial contract is for 6 months. However, there are possibilities of further contract extension
- The Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible for leading two very unique Product Teams.
- Responsibilities include managing resources, schedules, financials and adhering to Agile and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle.
- This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the Product Teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Verify that the Product Teams produce the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- The Senior Project Manager/Scrum Lean reports to the Director of Data Analytics.
- Manage two Product Teams that span multiple lines of business
- Understanding of Technology and System Architecture
- Monitor and ensure the business values within the delivery teams align with business priorities
- Provide on-site leadership for product teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership as guided by Innovapost’s iDom delivery model
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on Product Team’s success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Utilize Agile methodologies and act as scrum master for any required standups
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience in managing very large programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge and experience in agile (scrum / Kanban / iterative development)
- Exceptional relationship skills, collaboration across lines of business
- Strong communication skills for both internal and external customers
- Strong issue resolution skills
- Strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
- Managed 2 or more end to end, high complexity Programs (multiple vendors, stakeholders and technology)
- Managed programs using Agile methodology with 2 or more scrum teams
- Over 10 years’ experience of contributing to the success of a range of large-to-very large initiatives with above average levels of complexity and business criticality
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Certifications: PMP (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Agile (Asset)