There is a 1 year contract opportunity, with possible extension for a Senior Java Developer (Back-end), in Toronto.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
- Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
- 7+ years of experience with Java back-end development, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL, SOAP
- Experience with various technologies and standards (e.g. Java, J2EE, Swing, etc.).
- Exposure to AWS/cloud solution is nice to have
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested
Position Title: Senior Java Developer (Back-end)
– Start date: ASAP
– There are potentials of further contract extension after the initial mandate
– Strong possibilities of contract extension (maximum 2 years in total)
– For the time being, hired contractor will work remotely. However, when Innovapost decides to resume onsite work, contractors will have to work fulltime onsite as well. Therefore, candidates within GTA region will be preferred
Project and Role Brief:
The project is about building a unified consistent shipping experience across customer segments for Purolator and help reduce overall costs of ownership for current shipping channels. The Senior Java developer (Back-End) will be part of the product/scrum team and will complete all back-end development and unit testing. They will be part of scrum team and we will be following Agile processes.
– Participates in technical design sessions with the lead developer.
– Provides input to the application architecture.
– Reviews design and development tasks.
– Develops java back-end Code.
– Participates in daily status meetings.
– Provides guidance regarding solution design and application architecture.
Skills & Qualification Requirements:
– 7+ years of experience with Java back-end development, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL, SOAP
– Experience with various technologies and standards (e.g. Java, J2EE, Swing, etc.).
Nice to have:
– Exposure to AWS/cloud solution
– Spring and JPA/ Hibernate
– Test driven development. Build automated unit test cases