We have an excellent 1 year contract opportunity for a Senior IT Procurement Consultant in Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• 5+ yrs experience in leading large Public procurement RFPs for IT services (including SW, Services, Cloud)
• Experience in vendor management, including management of third-party vendors, contract negotiation, evaluation of products or services from multiple vendors
• Experience related to the end-to-end Procurement lifecycle.
• Understanding of key concepts of account payable processes would be preferred
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Description: Senior IT Procurement Consultant
Job Posting Start Date: 01/04/2022
Job Posting End Date: 01/03/2023
Location: March Road
Duration – 1 year
Ideal start date: ASAP
Location – Open to Toronto and Ottawa candidates – may be required to go to office down the road. (If in office, it would be Ottawa)
Hours: 37.5/hr. week fluctuates, however overall considered 37.5
Rate: Market Rate
Innovapost offers a variety of IT Procurement services to the Canada Post Group of Companies and their customers. With offices in Ottawa, Toronto, and Mississauga, Innovapost operates as the Group’s Shared Services Provider to help realize greater value from technology and business process investments.
Vendor Management support is required to in support of Innovapost’s Vendor Management Office set-up initiative.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will work with the client and the procurement team to assimilate business requirements and provide strategic advice relating to developing a procurement approach as well as develop all procurement documents at the request of the client and Project Authority.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will be required to lead and assist the client through the entire RFP procurement process lifecycle, including any resulting negotiations and transition periods.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant’s duties shall include but are not limited to:
• Providing recommendations and advice regarding the procurement and project plans and initiatives;
• Providing advice and guidance and contributing to the development and refinement of the Statement of Requirements, evaluation methodology (including the mandatory and point rated requirements sections), the financial evaluation section, the Master Services Agreement or any other requirements for complex RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s and any other associated solicitation documents;
• Leading and producing the required documentation for information, training and briefing sessions;
• Ensuring strict adherence to Corporate Policies and Procedures, applicable Legislation, International Trade Agreements, etc;
• Conducting cost benefit analysis of alternatives (including life cycle costing analysis);
• Facilitating stakeholder consultations;
• Participating in draft reviews, providing advice and guidance on best practices and recommended revisions;
• Contributing to the development of the overall project scoping and approach;
• Assisting and providing guidance on Supplier negotiations;
• Confirming business requirements and establishing the requirements for procurement documents;
• Overseeing the procurement aspects of the transition-out of the existing contract and transition-in of the new contract; and
• Contributing to procurement reporting (briefing note, PowerPoint presentation, vendor letter, etc.).
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will be required for an initial contract period of six months from the date of contract award on a full-time basis, with one six month option to be exercised at Innovapost’s sole discretion.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant shall provide, at minimum:
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will work closely with the Manager of Procurement and the project and procurement team co-located with the client. This individual will participate and play an important role in all aspects of a complex, high-profile, public procurement projects to meet client program requirement in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Procurement, vendor management and sourcing processes: experienced in implementing and executing procurement, vendor management and sourcing processes, policies, principles and standards;
• Stakeholder Management: experienced in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and the vendor community; and
• Financial Management: understanding of key concepts of account payable processes (Asset)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Academic: College diploma or university degree in Business, Engineering, Technology or related field (required)
• Certifications: Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) (Asset), ITIL Foundations (Asset), Quality methodologies – Lean / LSS / Six Sigma (Asset), Purchasing Management of Canada (PMAC) (Asset), Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) (Asset)
1) 5+ yrs experience in leading large Public procurement RFPs for IT services (including SW, Services, Cloud)
2) Experience in vendor management, including management of third-party vendors, contract negotiation, evaluation of products or services from multiple vendors; and
3) Experience related to the end-to-end Procurement lifecycle.
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with internal clients and vendors;
• Strong process management skills;
• Ability to effectively influence a diverse team of stakeholders including Senior Executives;
• Be proactive, provide efficiency and identify and leverage synergies;
• Create and maintain equitable relationships with vendors;
• Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team; and
• Ability to navigate through uncertainty and change within the organization
The Resource must possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings and workshops.
LOCATION OF WORK
The work is preferably to be carried out at an Innovapost Location in the National Capital Region or Greater Toronto Area or across Ontario with a combination of WFH and office.
Work will be from home office location during COVID pandemic as directed by HR.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: There are no travel requirements anticipated to be associated with this requirement. Subject to change.