There is a 1 year contract opportunity for a Senior Data Visualization Analyst, in Ottawa.
Must Have Solid experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau & Power BI.
Experience with MS SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
5+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in an analytics and/or visualization function.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year
9 Auriga Drive
Position Title: ‘Senior Data Visualization Analyst’
– Hiring manager is open to market rate
– There is no flexibility in terms of location. Hired contract MUST full-time onsite at 9 Auriga Dr, Nepean, ON.
The senior data visualization analyst as part of the Agile Build and Run Team, you’ll work with subject matter experts in Data Science and Engineering to deliver data-driven features for a wide variety of different customers, platforms, and business domains.
Hired contractor will work in a multi-year project which is currently at it’s mid-point. Project title is “Retail Transformation Program”. The key objective of this project is to transform the Process, Software and Hardware that supports 6200 Postal outlets coast-to-coast. Other important aspects of the project are,
– Commercial Off the shelf Software has been selected
– Agile methodology
– Cloud technology
– 60+ integration and web service calls
– 120+ Team members located in multiple countries and time zones
– Creating a range of different visualizations for a wide range of purposes (eg. business, service monitoring and operational). Some of the types include: charts, dashboards, infographs and other pictorial diagrams that can be manipulated dynamically
– Working with data/research analysts and architects to create data visualization tools that are interactive and meaningful
– Performing statistical analysis of large data sets to better understand trends, relationships between variables, and to formulate predictive insights
– Cross-train head office analysts to be able to create their own dashboards to configure and extend existing ones. The contractor is required to provide training, aggregate existing training material online so it can be used as knowledge transfer. Comprehensive documentation must be maintained in lock-step of all visualization artifacts.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
– Solid experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau & Power BI
– Experience MS SQL Server
– A commitment to producing work that is visually appealing on the surface, but also draws you in and tells a clear, contextual story
– An insatiable curiosity and a desire to visually explore data
– Strong understanding that good data visualizations are informative, but great visualizations have interactive and exploratory elements to them as well
– Strong communication skills – an ability to build a narrative around data and reveal its value to customers in both the work itself and presentations
– Experience with Microsoft Azure
– Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
– Experience working with Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
– 5+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in an analytics and/or visualization function
– Familiarity with Databricks
– Familiarity with Spark
– A general understanding of programming
– Business acumen – understand business drivers and have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions