There is a 6 months contract opportunity, with possible extension for a Scrum Master in Ottawa.
This role is a mix of PM and Scrum Master responsibilities. Must have certification CSM, PSM I;
experience in Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
Security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 6 months with possibility of extension.
Job Posting Title: Scrum Master – Intermediate
– This role is a mix of PM and Scrum Master responsibilities
– There is no flexibility in terms of work location. Hired contractor MUST work full-time at 365 March Rd location
– Initial contract duration is 6 months. However, there are possibilities of contract extension after the initial mandate depending on hired contractor’s performance and available work at Innovapost/ Canada Post.
The business objective of the Montreal Packet Processing (MPP) Project is to provide additional packet and parcel processing capacity in the Montreal plant. Software development must be completed in 2019 to enable the new sorter to come online in Montreal in 2020.
The business objective of the NRCS Obsolescence Project is to replace the existing desktop-based National Routing Card System with a web-based application. All business capabilities will remain and may be enhanced, but this is primarily a technical upgrade.
In this role, the Scrum Master will be playing a dual role of scrum master and project manager.
As Project Manager
- Manage project budget and cost forecasting
- Manage project status reporting in MS-SharePoint site
- Manage resource forecasting in ChangePoint
- Create and manage the deployment plan
- Manage relationships with various Innovapost and Canada Post groups outside the development team
(e.g. Security and Compliance, Service Integration and Management)
As Scrum Master
- Understanding our Customers and what is important to them in terms of business value.
- Facilitating the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Facilitating the team towards self-organization.
- Assessing the agile maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and actively sharing information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using an inclusive leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Other small projects and initiatives will arise outside of the scope of the MPP Project. The successful candidate should be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of inclusive leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- 2 to 5 years relevant job experience
- Experience with Jira is mandatory