There is 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for an SAP Payroll Configurator – Senior in Ottawa.
Must have 5 + years of SAP ERP Canadian Payroll configuration design and configuration experience.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
Position Title: SAP Payroll Configurator – Senior
Site: Ottawa | 6 months
365 March Road
– No flexibility in terms of work location
– Hiring manager is open to market rate
– There are possibilities of contract extension after the initial mandate
The Payroll Configurator is involved in planning, conducts analyses, and executes the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, debugging and maintenance of SAP ERP Payroll software. This individual can also write scripts and/or make SAP configuration settings to implement functionality in a system (such as SAP) to support business requirements. The Payroll Configurator can contribute to the development of configuration management plans, policies, and procedures.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Configure SAP Payroll software packages based on business requirements
- Ensure configured systems integrate with existing solutions
- Participate in selecting, acquiring, configuring and troubleshooting packaged solutions and technical infrastructure components
- Provide basic design documents and translate into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components
- Analyze, design and modify applications and suites of applications to ensure satisfaction of customer specifications
- Act as liaison between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated
- In collaboration with the Business Analyst, define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
- Ability to simplify and standardize complex concepts / processes
- Experience in release / Deployment management
- Possess good knowledge of system performance management
- Very knowledgeable in Payroll systems change / configuration management
- Application Configuration, operating systems and scripting
- Very knowledgeable with Canadian Payroll policies, procedures and reporting
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Academic : college diploma or university degree in computer science engineering or closely related discipline
- Certifications : SAP certification (asset), Lean / LSS / Six Sigma, ITIL foundations (Asset), Canadian Payroll certification(PCP)
- 5 + years of SAP ERP Canadian Payroll configuration design and configuration experience (MUST Have).
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Problem solving / analytical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Smart risk taking
- Ability to execute
- Interpersonal skills