There is a 3.5 months contract opportunity with possibilities of extension, for Project Manager- Senior, in Ottawa .
Must have PMP certification, experience with Agile practices, 7+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
and 5+ years of experience with full product lifecycle- development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
Security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa |3.5 months contract
Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Senior
– The initial contract is for 3.5 months. However, there are possibilities that, the contract might get extended for few more months
– Candidates MUST be available for in-person interviews and you will conduct the interviews
– There is no flexibility in terms of work location. The hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite
– All the skills and qualifications mentioned on the job description are ‘MUST Have’
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading two unique teams, delivering two very different projects. The first project is an SDLC technology automation project and the second is a very detailed upgrade. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to Agile and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. The Senior Project Manager reports to a Program Manager and a set of stakeholders.
• Manage two complex, simultaneous initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
• Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership as guided by Innovapost’s iDom delivery model
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Utilize Agile methodologies and act as scrum master for any required standups
• Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the team meetings
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
• Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
• Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
• Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
• Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
• Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
• Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
• Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
• PMP certification
• Agile practitioner experience
• 7+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
• 5+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
• Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
• Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross – functional environment