There is a 2 years contract opportunity for Senior Project Manager in Kanata, Ottawa.
This role is a combination of Project Manager and Scrum Master (50:50).
Must have 7+ years of experience in leading a range of mid- size to large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality.
Experienced in managing projects/programs and Comprehensive knowledge of Agile/ Scrum project management methodologies and tools.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 2 years
365 March Road
Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Senior
– This role is a combination of Project Manager and Scrum Master (50:50).
– This is a full-time onsite role. No flexibility in terms of work location
– Hiring manager is open to market rate
– Hired contractor will initially work at 425 Legget Dr, Kanata, ON for 1 month. Then the team will move to 365 March Rd, Kanata, ON. Both the locations are in the same area.
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
We are looking for a passionate Project Manager/Scrum Master to join our team.
As a Project Manager in our company, you will be accountable for high-quality execution and delivery of new projects as well as ownership of our current products in a fully Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Manage all aspects of project management from discovery through delivery implementation and stabilization:
o Create and manage schedules, budgets, quality, communication, resource and risk management plans o Provide the direction required to meet the project objectives and commitments o Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project benefits, scope, cost, schedule, and quality o Prepare reports regarding status of project o Ensure appropriate management of stakeholders throughout the project
- Lead Scrum ceremonies such as daily Scrum standup meetings, sprint planning and retrospective sessions
- Work with the Business Product Owner to define scope for MVP and subsequent releases
- Work closely with IT Ops and Business Partners to manage effectively and efficiently resolution of incidents related to your portfolio of applications
- Collaborate with the IT PMO to ensure compliance with project standards, processes, tools and methodology
- Work with the BSD IT Partner to ensure compliance with engagement processes and business partner requirements
- Oversee integration of the agile team’s deliverables with the project at large, as well as how deliverables may have touchpoints in other sub-domains
- Ensure all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information such as reporting of project status, issues, risks
- Project Management: experienced in managing projects/programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Agile/ Scrum project management methodologies and tools
- Delivery and Product Support Management: experienced in delivery of new projects as well as providing end to end support for current products
- Financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, etc.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Academic : Post-secondary degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field (required)
- Certifications : PMP, Agile/Scrum
- 7+ years of experience in leading a range of mid- size to large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration in a cross-disciplinary Scrum team environment, across multiple projects and multiple locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills