There is a 8 months contract opportunity for Senior Project Manager in Ottawa.
Must have 10+ years application development or systems integration project management.
Experience working with Government Agencies, worked as a Project Manager in a transformation project ($30M+), worked 5 + years within a PMO.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
Site: Ottawa | 8 months contract
9 Auriga Drive
Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Senior
– No flexibility in terms of work location. Hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite at 9 Auriga Dr location
– Hiring manager is open to competitive market rates
Delivery System Re-Architecture (DSRA) Project is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager who can help run this IT Project. The Senior Project Manager is expected to help oversee the project and manager work of others to deliver applications.
- Serves as a focal point for a broad variety of projects which are typically moderate to complex/challenging, sensitive, and/or critical to the business in nature.
- Coordinates/directs all the functional groups involved with a pre-defined project, in order to meet all project requirements (time, functionality, quality and cost).
- Acts as prime liaison between Innovapost and third party organizations on project related issues or inquiries. Ensures all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information. Develops complex project plans to support successful project delivery.
- Formulates and manages project plans including: (Management of deliverables, Determination and tracking of project schedules incl. commercial milestones, Regular project reviews and reporting, On-going risk management). Defines, forecasts, manages, and reports on project resources (capital, expenses).
- Reviews the release and detailed functional specifications to ensure project compliance.
- Analyzes and manages project changes; design change requests.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively. Conducts regular status meetings with project team.
- Communicates relevant project information to executive and leadership team. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully. Manages, tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Manages purchase order administration and ensures the purchase requisition process is followed.
- Manages and co-ordinate project resource on-boarding and off-boarding processes. Produces project scorecards and other executive-like reporting.
- Produces project communication (Steering Committee presentations etc.), including project status reporting (co-ordinate team status meetings, draft status reports etc.).
- Maintains project plans, document management (DMS), PPQA, change and problem tracking, and contract administration: Supports the Director as well as manages, when required, the control and tracking of project related items, including issues, dependencies and finance.
- Works with the Leadership team to ensure compliance to project standards, engagement processes and client requirements. (e.g. issue action item reminders).
- Maintains and monitors the reporting of project status of actions, issues, risks.
- Manages vendor Statements of Work through receipt to completion.
EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
– 10+ years application development or systems integration project management.
– Experience working with Government Agencies
– Worked as a Project Manager in a transformation project ($30M+)
– Worked 5 + years within a PMO
– Have managed large scale IT projects 3 or more
– Managed the budget and forecasting on large scale IT projects for 3 or more projects
– Experience developing material for Senior Executives (5+years)
– Experience working with Canada Post as a Project Manager
– Certification in project management and/or financial management
– University degree (Business or IT)