There is a 1 year contract opportunity with possible extension for a Project Manager Senior in Ottawa.
Must have 10 to 20 years’ experience in a Project Manager role / Project Management consulting environment.
Experience in Agile methodology. PMP through PMI or the Prince2 certification through AXELOS OR Maters in Project management.
Security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa|1 year with possible extension.
9 Auriga Drive
Description: General Information:
– Start date is ASAP
– Possibility to extend for another year
– Job location is on Auriga Drive. However, contractor may have to travel to March road during his mandate
– Contractor will work 100 % on site
– Contractor needs to have a PC and not a Mac
Additional information from the Hiring Manager:
At Innovapost we have very formal project management processes and although we are integrating in an Agile world, we are still finding we need the rigor of good management and organization to be successful. We need candidates that can demonstrate that management formality experience and can clearly articulate the methods and processes they used. Even if those processes are different, we are looking for a willingness to follow formality.
We are looking to engage a Senior Project Manager for the next 12 months with the possibility of extension. The target Start date is end of September. This role will be accountable for the successful delivery of the IT components of two projects for Business Initiatives that deliver value to Canada Post users and customers or internally to Innovapost.
The successful candidate will serve as the focal point for the planning, monitoring and control of complex projects at multiple locations that require strong management and tracking background and a high level of diplomacy and communication skills.
Specific duties include:
- The Project Manager is accountable for the successful execution and delivery of IT Solutions. Working with scrum teams and senior management in achieving alignment on project direction and functionality considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality and making trade-offs as appropriate for each project being managed. Communicates difficult or sensitive information tactfully
o Note in some cases the Project Manager may be asked to take on leadership in some components of the business work as well.
- Acts as prime liaison between Innovapost and third party organizations on project related issues or inquiries. This include incorporating third party dependencies in project plans and decisions and ensuring the scrum teams are aware of those results.
- Ensures all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information.
- Working with scrum teams and third parties to develop complex project plans to support successful project delivery. Manages and tracks those project plans including integration milestones, release activities and milestones,
- Work with scrum teams to identify, manage and track risks, issues, dependencies, and actions. Sets up relevant meetings and takes minutes where required to ensure ongoing project progress is tracked and communicated. Ensures resolution of and escalates issues or risks in a timely fashion when required and that these are recorded for tracking and closure on the central Innovapost project tracking tool.
- Work with Scrum teams to define resource requirements, budget, technology, and facility needs and report those using Innovapost tools to the central finance and PPM and PMO teams. This includes identification and management of project changes through working with scrum teams where the overall objective of the project or major assumptions have changed.
- Conducts regular status meetings with project team leads and communicates relevant project information to executive and leadership team. Provides regular project reviews and reporting using the internal Innovapost project tracking tool to support enterprise project scorecards and dashboards. Ensures use of the central project repository for key project documentation.
- Develops proposals and coordinates the proposal development process (including the creation of minor enhancement requests, change requests and proposals as required) through to the business. This includes ensuring project approvals are received from the business as purchase orders on a timely basis before work begins.
- Works collaboratively with the Leadership team to ensure compliance to project standards, engagement processes and client requirements. (e.g. issue action item reminders).
Experience & Requirements:
- 10 to 20 years in a Project Manager role / Project Management consulting environment.
- Structured, diplomatic and tactful communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in the facilitation and collaboration of people to work as one team.
- Experience in an environment using the Agile methodology and landscape for delivery of technology projects.
- Achievement of the Project Management Professional (PMP) through PMI or the Prince2 certification through AXELOS OR Maters in Project management
- Contractor needs to have a PC rather than an Apple laptop to be able to use all Innovapost’s softwares. He also needs to have basic softwares already set up (Microsoft project, visio, Outlook, Microsoft Office)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with managing vendors within large organization
- Working with teams at multiple locations.