There is 4 months contract opportunity, with possible extension for a Project Manager – Intermediate, Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level security clearance is mandatory
• Experienced in managing IT projects; comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile methodologies
• Knowledge and experience in agile / scrum / iterative Development
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer someone interested.
Job Title: Project Manager – Intermediate
4 months contract with possible extension
Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Intermediate
– This is basically a ‘Junior-to-Intermediate’ PM role.
– There are high possibilities of contract extension after the initial mandate
– If the hired contractor can start earlier than August 24, 2020, start date can be adjusted accordingly
– Hired contractor will initially start working remotely. However, when Innovapost resumes onsite work, the contractor will also require to work fulltime onsite
The Project Manager plans, executes, and delivers projects on time within budget and scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the project manager oversees all aspects of projects (i.e. budget, schedule, scope, issues and risks), sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and prepares reports regarding status of project.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage all aspects of project management from discovery through delivery implementation and stabilization:
o Create and manage project plans, charters, schedules, budgets, quality, communication, resource and risk management plans
o Provide the direction required to meet the project objectives and commitments
o Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project benefits, scope, cost, schedule, and quality
o Prepare reports regarding status of project o Ensure appropriate management of stakeholders throughout the project
• Collaborate with the IT PMO to ensure compliance with project standards, processes, tools and methodology
• Act as prime liaison between Innovapost and Third Party organizations on project related issues or inquiries
• Oversee integration of the agile team’s deliverables with the project at large, as well as how deliverables may have touchpoints in related sub-domains
• Lead or play a key role in Scrum (or program) meetings to drive coordination
• Ensure global project reporting requirements are delivered to the Planning & Intake team in collaboration with the Project Control Officer (“PCO”) such as the reporting of project status of actions, issues, risks
• Ensure all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information
CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Project Management: experienced in managing IT projects; comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile methodologies
• Financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
• Delivery methodology: knowledge and experience in agile / scrum / iterative Development
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Academic : Post-secondary degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field (required)
• Certifications : PMP (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Agile (Asset)