We have an excellent 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension, for an Intermediate Project Manager.
Work would be done remotely now due to Covid. Location can be either Toronto or Ottawa.
- Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
- 5-10 years of experience in IT environment, specifically experience with web application, service-oriented architecture, and open system-based technologies.
- 5 years min – Experience as a junior/intermediate project manager and/or scrum master – experience with project estimation, creating project plans, maintaining budget.
- Experience with Agile processes and related tools like Jira, Confluence
- Certification in PMP and/or Agile Framework would be preferred
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Job Posting Start Date: 07/19/2021
Job Posting End Date: 12/31/2021
Location: March Road
Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Intermediate
TITLE: Project Manager – Intermediate
July 19 to Dec.31, 2021 with a strong possibility of extension
LOCATION OF WORK:
For now, remote until further notice regarding Covid-19 is over.
Candidates from both Ottawa and Toronto can be submitted.
The Intermediate Project Manager will work on an established project just underway for the upgrade of an older technology to a newer version for one of our Middleware applications. The PM will work to deliver a sound technical solution for the tasks/user stories assigned. Will consult and work with internal company Product Owners, technical groups, internal and external developers and testers when required to ensure a sound solution is achieved. This individual will drive the scrum team and will be following Agile processes.
- Work to drive, monitor and track progress of the project
- Lead, monitor, and motivate project team and interact with staff at all levels in the organization
- Create and manage methods of management, communication plans, and processes
- Assist to help define the scope of the project, roles, and responsibilities along with various stakeholders
- Participate in the allocation of budget, staff and any other resource(s) that are needed to accomplish or achieve set out goals (projects), and monitor the performance of project
- Maintain correct project time frames, estimates, and status reports
- Responsible for the management of complex problems and development of processes for scheduling and administration
- Provide process improvement recommendations that are based on best practices and industry standards.
Important responsibilities of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
1) 5-10 years of experience in IT environment, specifically experience with web application, service-oriented architecture, and open system-based technologies.
2) 5 years min – Experience as a junior/intermediate project manager and/or scrum master – experience with project estimation, creating project plans, maintaining budget.
3) Experience with Agile processes and related tools like Jira, Confluence
4) Ability to work with multiple teams including other vendors.
5) Comfortable communicating to all type of stakeholders.
Nice to have:
1) Current knowledge of Middleware tools such as Oracle SOA Suite and Redhat Fuse Openshift
2) Certification in PMP and/or Agile Framework would be a plus.
3) Problem solver. Leader who takes initiative to find solutions.