There is a 6 months contract opportunity with high possibilities of extension for a Program Manager – Senior, in Ottawa.
Candidate must have Cloud Transformation Project Management experience.
Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience of contributing to the success of a range of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality.
5+ years’ experience managing large scale cloud migration and designing hybrid multi-cloud architectures & cloud operations.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
Site: Ottawa | 6 months contract
365 March Road
Job Posting Title: Program Manager – Senior
– Start date is ASAP
– Initial contract will be for 6 months with high possibilities of contract extension. NGI is a long term project (over 1 year)
– The preference is to have the contractor work full-time onsite. However, if the contractor is an out-of-town resource, the maximum flexibility that can be accommodate is 4 days onsite work (365 March Rd, Kanata, ON) and 1 day remote work
– The hiring team is open to market rate and there is no preferred rate range/ limit
– Candidate must have Cloud Transformation Project Management experience. The hiring team is looking for a very senior resource
– The preference for interview is in-person. However for out-of-town resources, video conferencing can be arranged. If the resource is in GTA, he/ she will require to come to Innovapost’s Toronto office for interview via video conference
We offer opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. As the Information Technology (IT) Shared Services provider for the Canada Post Group of Companies (Canada Post, Purolator, and SCI Group), we have developed and supported some of the most extensive and complex IT systems and online, retail and mobile technologies in Canada. As an integral part of the Canada Post Group of Companies, we understand our sister companies’ business opportunities and challenges. We use this understanding to develop solutions and services that drive synergies, efficiencies and cost savings across the Group. Our work transforms the Group’s operations and modernizes their business to meet the demands of the evolving mail, courier, and logistics industries.
Our collaborative nature, combined with cross-industry experience, makes us agile and an exceptionally rewarding place to work.
Within the Canada Post Group of Companies (CPGC), we have put forward a ‘Cloud First’ strategy. The Next Generation Infrastructure (NGI) project will migrate our on premise data center workloads to the public cloud. The project will move our application landscape to a combination of Software as a Service (SAAS), Platform as a Service (PAAS) and Infrastructure as a Service offerings available through leading public cloud vendors.
Reporting to the CEO, the NGI Executive Program Manager is accountable for the following activities:
- Creating of the core cloud Center of Excellence
- Leading the public cloud procurement / qualification activities
- Working with the selected vendors to build a cloud migration work plan
- Leading the development of the cloud migration business case
The successful candidate will possess a combination of Large Scale Program Management experience, along with Public Cloud migration expertise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide overall program leadership, guidance, and manage all aspects of a given program
- Gather program requirements
- Create program business case
- Review program budget variance and scope change requests, and participate in the budget-resolution process
- Implement program and manage project activities and communications across all project teams
- Proactively set performance expectations and help project managers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
- Support and coach project managers within the program
- Manage program-level issues, risks and interdependencies
- Regularly monitor business values
- Provide program reporting and status to senior management
- Ensure the compliance with the PM processes, tools and methodology, in close collaboration with the Head of Project Management Office (“PMO”)
- Work with the BSD Leads and BSD IT Partners to ensure compliance with engagement processes and business partner requirements
- Together with the Planning and Intake, and the PPM teams, develop resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities
- Act as prime liaison between Innovapost and Third Party organizations on program related issues or inquiries
- Support programs that cut across multiple product lines
- Coordinate work across interrelated collections of projects and scrum teams to ensure delivery of business outcomes
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization
- Provide technical expertise in planning, execution, and leadership of program, projects, and initiatives
- Project Management: experienced in managing projects/programs, specifically large scale cloud migrations projects
- Project Management: comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile methodologies
- Financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
- Delivery methodology: knowledge and experience in agile / scrum / iterative Development
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Academic: university degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field (required), degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Asset)
- Certifications: PMP, ITIL foundations (Asset), Agile (Asset)
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience of contributing to the success of a range of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing large, complex investment budgets
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing large scale cloud migration and designing hybrid multi-cloud architectures & cloud operations
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team
- Encourage agile approaches and ability to iterate to create innovation
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and lead change within the organization