There is a 1 year contract opportunity for Program Manager Senior in Ottawa.
Must have extensive (8-10 years) experience in IT project management positions
with the demonstrated the ability to successfully coordinate multiple high-value project work streams simultaneously.
Formal project management training is desirable – such as PMP certification.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year
Job Posting ID: Job Posting Title: Program Manager – Senior
— Hired contractor MUST work from either March Rd or Legget Dr location. Remote or work from GTA is not acceptable. This a full-time onsite opportunity
– There is a flexibility in terms of start date. If ideal candidate is found earlier, he/ she can may be start couple of weeks earlier than March 2nd, 2020
– Contract duration is 1 year from start date
– In-person interview is preferred, but phone interview can also be conducted if needed
– Hiring manager is open to market rates
MANAGED MOBILITY SERVICE PROGRAM LEAD RESOURCE
- Managed Mobility Service Project Summary
The majority of business units within the group of companies are leveraging advancements in smart phones, tablets and mobile hand held computers (PDTs) to enable their employees and improve service to their end users and consumers. The advancements in these hand held devices continue to enable improvements in tracking, real time updates to corporate systems and direct contact with supervisors, peers and/or clients.
These handheld computers continue to increase in capability and decrease in cost, encouraging business leaders to leverage more of the devices within their business.
To leverage these smart devices there is a complex ecosystem of technology, processes and support teams to:
- Acquire the devices and induct them into the supply chain (stock and deploy)
- Connect the devices to the applications and ensure data is securely transmitted
- Support the devices and the users when an application or device malfunctions
- Ensure business units can add new devices
- Report on volumes, use and pay invoices
The Managed Mobility Service (MMS) project is the implementation phase of introducing the service. The project will include:
- Implementation of the MMS with the selected MMS service provider
- Integration of tools into Canada Post Group of Companies systems
- Developing processes for the new service
- Service takeover of existing devices while maintaining steady state operations
- Decommissioning legacy systems related to mobility support
- Program Lead Responsibilities
The MMS Project will be largely implemented by the selected MMS vendor. The MMS Program Lead will be responsible for managing the MMS vendor, along with managing associated Canada Post Group of Companies responsibilities.
- Providing overall program leadership, guidance, and management of the program
- Providing program management expertise and best practices in support of the successful completion of the program
- Working with the project teams, program committees, and other stakeholders to manage the scope of the project
- Coordinating tasks with all project teams
- Developing cost benefit analyses to support strategic decisions
- Managing program financials and identifying possible areas of concern
- Monitoring progress on action items and following up as appropriate to ensure delegated tasks are being completed
- Providing verbal and written reports, including presentations, to project committees as required to inform decision making
- Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive (8-10 years) experience in IT project management positions with the demonstrated the ability to successfully coordinate multiple high-value project work streams simultaneously
- Strong communicator capable of building relationships with and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Strong technical acumen – possesses qualifications in IT/computer science domain
- Formal project management training is desirable – such as PMP certification