There is a 1 year contract opportunity for a Mendix developer – Intermediate, in Ottawa.
Must have 1 or more years of experience with Mendix, 3+ years of development experience, preferably in Java and in Developing web-services in REST.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year contract
425 Legget Dr
Job Posting Title: Developer – Intermediate
– The requirement to fill this role is ASAP. However, there are some flexibility to push the start date as well.
– This is a full-time onsite role for Legget Dr location. Remote or work from GTA is not acceptable
– Hiring manager is open to market rate
– Candidates who only have low code development experience will not be accepted. Mendix experience is a MUST have
We are looking for a developer to join an established scrum team building and maintaining a set of applications for Canada Post. We are using the Mendix platform for this assignment, and we are looking for someone with experience in this technology to fill this role.
As part of an agile software development team, the candidate will:
- Take responsibility for estimating, planning, managing and the quality of all of his/her own tasks and reporting on progress.
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and share responsibility for the overall efforts that the team committed to.
- Participate in code reviews, and commit to high quality code.
- Interact with UX/Content and Product Owners to clarify requirements.
- Be flexible in accepting outstanding team work items, be they development or test, in order to help the team achieve sprint goals.
- Understand and interpret functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents or user stories.
- Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned.
Must Have Experience:
- 1 or more years of experience with Mendix
- 3+ years of development experience, preferably in Java.
- Developing web-services in REST
Nice to have experience:
- React or React Native
- Angular 2+, preferably Angular 6/7/8
- Unit test frameworks
- Spring Boot applications
- Developing for performance and scalability
- Good working knowledge in HTML5, CSS/SASS/SCSS
- Responsive design principles
- Developing for accessibility
Education & Training:
- Completed post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.