2 positions for Level 2 & 3 Java Specialist, each is a 10 months contract opportunity with possible extension, located in Ottawa.
12 years and 8 years’ experience required for level 3 & 2 respectively. SECRET level security clearance is a must.
Must have experience in developing solution in following technologies: Websphere, Tomcat or Weblogic; Docker; OpenAPIs; or Spring Boot Framework or Spring MVC.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Programmer / Analyst (Java specialist) – Level 2
Programmer / Analyst (Java specialist) – Level 3
Start date: May 3rd Week
End Date: March 31st 2021
Contract extension: up to two (2) additional one-year periods under the same terms and conditions.
SECRET clearance is a must.
Work location: majority of the work will be conducted on-site at AAFC in the National Capital Region (NCR);
Resources may be required to travel between AAFC locations within the NCR.
Hours: 7.5 hours each day
A. A minimum of ten years of cumulative experience, within the past twelve years (for level 3) / A minimum of five years of cumulative experience, within the past eight years (for level 2); experience with below
1) Analysis of functional requirements leading to the execution of the design, development and implementation of changes to the application;
2) Responsible for developing and maintaining configuration and programs based on approved requirement, working both independently and within a team;
3) Deliver technical specifications documents using the functional specifications provided by the functional and integration teams;
4) Create and modify configuration and code for software as per technical specifications;
5) Produce reports, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures for applications;
6) Analyze Code and objects to determine functional fit; and/or
7) Execute tasks related to the implementation of application and database design and fixes, coding and technical documentation.
B. Resource has experience, on a minimum of two separate and distinct projects (for level 3)/ minimum of 1 project (for level 2), developing a solution following an Agile scrum methodology – For each project to be considered, the resource must have worked on the project for a minimum duration of six months within the past five years
C. resource has experience, on a minimum of three separate and distinct projects, using at least 1 of the following technologies to develop a solution: – For each project to be considered, the resource must have worked on the project for a minimum duration of six months within the past five years
a) Websphere, Tomcat or Weblogic;
c) OpenAPIs; or
d) Spring Boot Framework or Spring MVC