There is a 5 months contract opportunity with strong possibility of extension for a Java Developer Senior, in Toronto.
Must have 7+ years of experience with Java back-end development, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL, SOAP and
experience with various technologies and standards (e.g. Java, J2EE, Swing, etc.)
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto | 5 months
5280 Solar Drive
Job Posting Title: Java Developer – Senior
– The hiring manager is looking for a senior level resources (7+ years of experience) who can hit the ground running as soon as onboarded
– Role is for back-end development activities.
– Strong possibilities of contract extension (maximum 2 years in total)
– Hiring manager is open to competitive market rates
– There is no flexibility in terms of work location. Hired contractors MUST work full-time at Solar Dr location. There is a possibility of moving to Purolator’s Meadowpine, Mississauga office at the end of March or April 2020.
Position Title: Senior Java Developer (Back-end)
Project and Role Brief:
The project is about building a unified consistent shipping experience across customer segments for Purolator and help reduce overall costs of ownership for current shipping channels. The senior Java developers will be part of the product/scrum team and will complete all back-end development and unit testing. They will be part of scrum team and we will be following Agile processes.
– Participates in technical design sessions with the lead developer.
– Provides input to the application architecture.
– Reviews design and development tasks.
– Develops java back-end Code.
– Participates in daily status meetings.
– Provides guidance regarding solution design and application architecture.
Skills & Qualification Requirements:
– 7+ years of experience with Java back-end development, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL, SOAP
– Experience with various technologies and standards (e.g. Java, J2EE, Swing, etc.).
Nice to have:
– Exposure to AWS/cloud solution
– Spring and JPA/ Hibernate
– Test driven development. Build automated unit test cases