There is a 13 months contract opportunity for a Java Developer – Senior, in Toronto.
Experience building applications across multiple browsers and versions & in defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto | 1 year
Job Posting Title: Java Developer – Senior
– Start date can be earlier than December 2, 2019 based on contractor’s availability
– Hired contractors will require to do both Front-End and Back-End Development tasks
– Hiring manager is open to market rates
– Remote or part-time work is not acceptable. Hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite at 5280 Solar Dr, Mississauga, ON
– In-person interviews are preferred
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to solve real-world problems, a roll-up-your-sleeves software developer who thrives in a daily collaborative environment, and a technology leader looking for experience in multiple fast-changing global industries?
What a typical day will look like?
We develop software solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes. We don’t just strategize; we activate and implement at Purolator.
- Create custom applications to generate insights and solve business problems on cloud platforms
- Lead team of frontend developers on best practices, latest technologies, and software architecture
- Scope and create early prototypes to validate ideas with designers, developers, and product owners
- Accurately define effort requirements and manage personal workflow to ensure the deliverables are created on time and in budget
- Bridge information and requirements across multiple teams such as product management, creative, advisory, and analytics teams to define and influence the design of the solutions
- Continuously improve our approach to frontend development, technical and process aspects
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews
- Provide basic design documents and translate into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
- Assist in developing technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment
- Define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients
Important responsibilities of this job are described above. They may be subject to change
CRITICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES CHARACTERISTICS
– Proficient with Java backend, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL
– Experience building applications across multiple browsers and versions
– Understanding of client-side interactions and tools such as performance, memory management, debugging tools, testing frameworks
– Experience in defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements
– Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with product owners, designers, and developers
– Comfort in delivering oral presentations is an asset
– Exposure to AWS/cloud solution
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field