We have an excellent 1 year contract opportunity for a Senior Java Developer in Toronto / Ottawa (Remote for now and going to be hybrid later)
• Eligible for Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• Strong working experience in Java 7, JAXB, SOAP, JMS, Maven, Jenkins.
• Experience working with Liquibase and SQL Developer, Object Oriented design, Enterprise Data Broker development, JScape
• Experience with file transfer services (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, heuristics) would be preferred.
• Experience with creation of diagrams to visualize and specify requirements and/or concepts
Job Posting Title: Java Developer – Senior
Description: Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Start date: January 9th, 2023
Contract length: 1 year
Location: Ottawa preferable (remote for now; but it can be hybrid in the future). The HM might be open for Toronto candidates if they are a strong fit
Seniority: Senior (HM is flexible with intermediate candidates -please send the bill rate accordingly)
SCOPE Software development and support of existing applications
– Enablers Middleware is looking for a senior developer to support ongoing and future projects as well as to provide support to existing Middleware application.
– This will involve working with developers and testers from the middleware project team (EDB) to understand current development and testing and implement fix solutions whenever required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
– Technologies: Java 7, JAXB, SOAP, JMS, Maven, Jenkins.
– Technically strong in Java.
– Knowledge of security concepts (WS-* security, SSL).
– Understanding Application Servers JBOSS, Apache Tomcat.
– Multi-stream code management using a central repository (e.g. GIT).
– IDE (Netbeans, or Eclipse or similar IDEs).
– Comfortable on Solaris and Linux (CentOs, RedHat).
– Experience working with Liquibase and SQL Developer
– Experience with Object Oriented design.
– Knowledge of Clouds solution (e.g. OpenShift).
– Familiarity with data interface, data extract and data analysis functionalities
Nice to have:
– Experience with Enterprise Data Broker development
– Experience with JScape
– Experience with file transfer services (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, heuristics)
– Application server management/configuration (GlassFish or WebLogic, WebSphere)
– Experience with Innovapost environment and processes
– Good communication and client management skills
– Willing to provide 24×7 3rd level support on a rotational basis