There is an excellent contract opportunity we have for a Senior IT Procurement Consultant.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will work with the client and the procurement team to assimilate business requirements and provide strategic advice relating to developing a procurement approach.
Candidate must have 5+ yrs experience in leading large Public procurement RFPs for IT services (including SW and/or Services and/or Cloud) and assist the client through the entire RFP procurement process lifecycle, including any resulting negotiations and transition periods.
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR refer someone interested
Senior IT Procurement Consultant
Job Posting Start Date: 01/04/2021
Job Posting End Date: 07/09/2021
LOCATION OF WORK
The work is preferably to be carried out at an Innovapost Location in the National Capital Region or Greater Toronto Area or across Ontario with a combination of WFH and office.
Work will be from home office location during COVID pandemic as directed by HR.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: There are no travel requirements anticipated to be associated with this requirement. Subject to change.
Project size can range from $2M to $20M. (Note – Most common projects are between $2M to $5M.) They are all IT projects, mostly SW and Services.
Interviews: Hiring manager would like to interview candidates before December 18th. FYI, the best time for her to schedule interviews would be Friday December 11th
Innovapost offers a variety of IT Procurement services to the Canada Post Group of Companies and their customers. With offices in Ottawa, Toronto and Mississauga, Innovapost operates as the Group’s Shared Services Provider to help realize greater value from technology and business process investments.
Procurement support is required to procure or re-procure new agreements in support of Innovapost’s ongoing initiatives.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will work with the client and the procurement team to assimilate business requirements and provide strategic advice relating to developing a procurement approach as well as develop all procurement documents at the request of the client and Project Authority.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will be required to lead and assist the client through the entire RFP procurement process lifecycle, including any resulting negotiations and transition periods.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant’s duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Providing recommendations and advice regarding the procurement and project plans and initiatives;
- Providing advice and guidance and contributing to the development and refinement of the Statement of Requirements, evaluation methodology (including the mandatory and point rated requirements sections), the financial evaluation section, the Master Services Agreement or any other requirements for complex RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s and any other associated solicitation documents;
- Leading and producing the required documentation for information, training and briefing sessions;
- Ensuring strict adherence to Corporate Policies and Procedures, applicable Legislation, International Trade Agreements, etc;
- Conducting cost benefit analysis of alternatives (including life cycle costing analysis);
- Facilitating stakeholder consultations;
- Participating in draft reviews, providing advice and guidance on best practices and recommended revisions;
- Contributing to the development of the overall project scoping and approach;
- Assisting and providing guidance on Supplier negotiations;
- Confirming business requirements and establishing the requirements for procurement documents;
- Overseeing the procurement aspects of the transition-out of the existing contract and transition-in of the new contract; and
- Contributing to procurement reporting (briefing note, PowerPoint presentation, vendor letter, etc.).
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will be required for an initial contract period of six months from the date of contract award on a full-time basis, with one six month option to be exercised at Innovapost’s sole discretion.
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant shall provide, at minimum:
- Plans for the creation and/or modification of procurement required documents;
- Statement of Requirements document;
- Procurement Strategy development;
- Report on preliminary Project cost estimates and schedule;
- Cost benefit analysis of alternatives including life cycle costing analysis;
- Project, Procurement and milestone Plans;
- Statement of Work including service level objectives;
- Technical Specifications;
- Evaluation Criteria;
- Selection Methodology;
- Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualification (RFQ) documents and other related downstream documents as requested; and
The Senior IT Procurement Consultant will work closely with the Manager of Procurement and the project and procurement team co-located with the client. This individual will participate and play an important role in all aspects of a complex, high-profile, public procurement projects to meet client program requirement in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Procurement, vendor management and sourcing processes: experienced in implementing and executing procurement, vendor management and sourcing processes, policies, principles and standards;
- Stakeholder Management: experienced in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and the vendor community;
NICE TO HAVE
- Financial Management: understanding of key concepts of account payable processes (Asset)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Academic: College diploma or university degree in Business, Engineering, Technology or related field (required)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Certifications: Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) (Asset), ITIL Foundations (Asset), Quality methodologies – Lean / LSS / Six Sigma (Asset), Purchasing Management of Canada (PMAC) (Asset), Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) (Asset)
- 5+ yrs experience in leading large Public procurement RFPs for IT services (including SW and/or Services and/or Cloud)
- Experience in vendor management, including management of third-party vendors, contract negotiation, evaluation of products or services from multiple vendors; and
- Experience related to the end-to-end Procurement lifecycle.
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with internal clients and vendors;
- Ability to effectively influence a diverse team of stakeholders including Senior Executives;
NICE TO HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong process management skills;
- Be proactive, provide efficiency and identify and leverage synergies;
- Create and maintain equitable relationships with vendors;
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team; and
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and change within the organization
The Resource must possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings and workshops.