There is a 3 months contract opportunity with possible extension for an Intermediate level – SharePoint Designer, in Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 5 years for the following:
- SharePoint 2010 and 2013 site and solution design and development using out-of-the-box SharePoint features
- SharePoint site migrations using ShareGate
- Clear understanding of SharePoint permissions and security configuration
Job Posting Title: SharePoint Developer – Intermediate
There is a possibility of extension
Description: *** NOTE: This posting is for an “Intermediate SharePoint Designer”, not a SharePoint Developer. ***
Hiring Manager is open to Market Rate
Contractor will work remotely for now.
The team is located on March road. However, The Hiring Manager is open to candidates located in both Toronto and Ottawa markets.
The CITO Business Solutions Delivery (BSD) team at Innovapost is undertaking a SharePoint Roadmap initiative. This program will involve migrating solutions from existing end of support SharePoint platforms to supported platforms, decommissioning of software products and on-premise infrastructure, and implementing SharePoint Online in the existing Microsoft 365 environment.
Current activities are focused on migrating solutions and sites from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, as well as decommissioning of sites where possible. There is approximately 1 TB of documentation and data across these sites and solutions, with owners residing in various teams across the Innovapost organization. The successful candidate for this role will directly contribute to the execution of these activities.
- Gathers requirements and provides input for fit analysis
- Performs design and development tasks
o Ensures design and development compliance with Solution Architecture guidelines
o Designs sites, libraries, lists, and pages to meet client requirements
o Designs solutions with preference toward out-of-the-box features vs custom code solutions (no-code solutions)
- Communicates with site owners to confirm dispositioning approach
- Executes migrations between SharePoint platforms
- Auditing and Reporting using available tools
- Participates in status meetings
o Tracks progress against goals
o Identifies roadblocks and challenges
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 5 years for the following:
o SharePoint 2010 and 2013 site and solution design and development using out-of-the-box SharePoint features
o SharePoint site migrations using ShareGate
o Clear understanding of SharePoint permissions and security configuration
o Interviewing stakeholders and translating their needs into requirements
o Coaching potential SharePoint users on the product capabilities and limitations, steering users to no code SharePoint solutions were possible
o SharePoint UX skills – Page design, graphic design/image creation experience necessary to support User Experience (UX) design and implementation.
o Large list experience – Designing lists with over 5,000 records, capable of surfacing information without LVT threshold issues
o Use of content types and Managed Metadata
o SharePoint Designer
NICE TO HAVE
- Nintex Workflow experience
- Workflow creation
- Record Lion experience
- Central Admin Management experience
- Information Management / Records Management experience
• SharePoint Online