We have an excellent 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for an Intermediate IT Business Analyst in Toronto.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• 2 – 5 years of experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT.
• Agile/ Scrum experience.
• Experience in developing and evaluating RFxsi.e. RFI, RFP, RFQ etc.
• Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman.
• MS Office, MS Visio proficiency.
Job Title: IT Business Analyst Intermediate
Location: Toronto (Purolator Head Office)
Period: 6 Months with Possibility of Extension
The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, define and validate requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which technology solutions are developed. In addition, this role requires the ability to perform functional testing and related testing activities. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels. Works with IT Management, architects, analysts, business stakeholders, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies and applications. The Business Analyst bridges the needs of the business partners with the use of IT and identify options for designing and improving business systems. This individual understands business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements.
•Define and utilize relevant business analysis techniques and methodologies to perform solution analysis and design, this could include but is not limited to:
• Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
• Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
• Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
• Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
• Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
• Development of test cases as appropriate
• Development of functional designs or detailed user stories.
• •Drive the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes and IT solutions via development of business and functional requirements
• Identify the current and future-state business processes
• Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future
• Determine operational objectives by studying critical business functions , gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
• Provide continuous improvement services to improve existing business processes and inform the Management team of potential continuous improvement opportunities
• Manage process conformance and compliance as appropriate (e.g. PCI)
• Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures
• Support change management activities
• Understand and communicate the operational impact of any changes
• Suggest changes using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the of approved changes
• Prepare technical and business reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
• Collaborate with architects, analysts, cross-functional project groups, to document dependencies and solutions understood by all technical groups.
• Create informative implementation, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
• Support Product Owner to document and manage requirements in Jira and Confluence.
• Support testing activities
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Support QA to identify, record, document, monitor defects in Jira
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Develop and assist in evaluating RFxs i.e. RFI, RFP, RFQ etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• •Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• •Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks
• •Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories
• •Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman
• •Working knowledge of serverless applications on cloud e.g. AWS technologies
• •Available and willing to collaborate with other team members. Strong team player as well as able to work independently
• •Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or any other RDBMS
Must Have Experience:
• 2 – 5 years of experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT (Required)
• Agile/ Scrum experience (Required)
• Experience in developing and evaluating RFxsi.e. RFI, RFP, RFQ etc
• Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman
• MS Office, MS Visio proficiency (Required)
Nice to have:
1. Cloud, AWS experience (Asset)
2. Basic SQL query writing experience (Asset)
3. Soap UI experience (Asset)
• Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
• Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
HOURS OF WORK
37.5 hours a week
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable)