Job Title: HR Manager- Benefits, Pension, Disability and Leaves Manager
Job Posting Start Date: 11/02/2020
Job Posting End Date: 08/01/2021
November 2nd, 2020 – August 1st, 2021 (9 months)
Language requirement: English required. French is a plus
Location of work
For now, remote until further notice regarding Covid-19 is over.
In general, The work is to be carried out at Legget Drive office in Ottawa
What role will you play?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative, go to HR manager on matters related to benefits, pension, disability, leave management and other related programs. Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards and in collaboration with the Talent & Transformation team you will drive effective service delivery of assigned HR programs.
What are your responsibilities? (apart from Innovating)
- Effectively delivers to the organization benefits, pension, leave management, disability case management and other related HR programs.
- Stays current on legislative changes, external trends and best practices and pro-actively recommends and implements improvements or changes.
- Coaches and guides people managers, HR Business Partners and Associates and the HR Shared Services Team on disability management and accommodations and provides or coordinates training or information sessions on benefits, pension, leave and other related programs.
- Maintains third party contracts and monitors performance and service delivery; partners with the Finance team to complete and submit required pension filings.
- Develops concise business cases and recommends and implements new approaches (automation), policies, and processes to affect continuous improvement of HR program management and service delivery.
- Develops, recommends and implements clear and succinct communication strategies that delivers a positive employee experience.
- Prepares reports and presentations for the board of directors and committees.
- Supports and collaborates with others across the organization to deliver on projects and other responsibilities as required.
What does it take for this role to be yours?
- Vast knowledge and demonstrated experience (5-7 years) of benefits, pension, leave management and disability case management across an organization.
- Demonstrated sustained success in strategizing, continuously improving and implementing HR programs, processes, communications and service delivery. Candidate will have to provide concrete examples
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Ontario ESA laws and regulations governing employment, benefits, pension, disability and leaves practices.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools and other HR applications (Success Factors)
- Ability to communicate succinctly and concisely issues/problems, apply judgement based on experience and make recommendations to resolve issue and implement final approved recommendation/solution independently.
- Familiar with HRIS, time management and payroll systems and their relationship with HR programs.
Nice to have:
- Adept knowledge of all human resource functional areas such as total rewards, talent acquisition and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Human Resources, etc.
Nice to have:
- Certificate in Human Resources Management (CHRL/SHRM designation considered an asset)
- Payroll certification PCP/CPM considered an asset
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) considered an asset
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) considered an asset
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.