There is a 3 months contract opportunity with possible extension for an IBM Datastage Developer – Intermediate, in Toronto/Ottawa.
Must have: 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. 3+ year experience in IBM infosphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage), and in development with database technologies.
1+ year experience with data warehousing methodologies and in PL/SQL development. Preference will be given to people with experience on Teradata and InfoSphere suite.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto/Ottawa | 3 months
Job Posting Title: Architecture – ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer – Intermediate
– The initial contract is for 3 months. However, there are high possibilities of contract extension after the initial mandate
– Although the location is mentioned as Solar Dr, Mississauga, hiring manager is open to hire resource for 365 March Rd, Ottawa location as well. So basically, the location could be either Solar Dr or March Rd.
– The hiring manager will be looking for competitive rates
Position Title: IBM Datastage Developer – Intermediate
– Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems.
– Develop ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model and business requirements.
– Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
– Perform data analysis and data modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings.
– Load target data bases using complex transformations that come from many systems.
– Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
– Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
Participate in the design sessions.
– Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements.
– Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews.
– Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL run book.
– Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document).
Experience & Skill Requirements:
– 3 to 5 years of relevant experience required.
– 3+ year experience in IBM infosphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage).
– 3+ year development with database technologies. 1+ year experience with data warehousing methodologies.
– 1+ year experience in PL/SQL development. Preference will be given to people with experience on Teradata and InfoSphere suite (DataStage / QualityStage / FastTrack / IDA in particular).