There is a 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a DevOps Engineer, in Ottawa.
Must have 5+ years of experience. Strong working experience in Unix environment.
Hands-on DevOps level of experience in the GIT/Bitbucket and SVN, writing Jenkins file.
Good hands-on knowledge of Docker, Python, Ant, & admin level experience of Octopus.
Security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 6 months
365 March Road
JOB POSTING TITLE : DevOps Engineer – Intermediate- Senior
– Starting date is ASAP
– Possibility of extension at the end of the contract
– Contractors will have to work on site 100 %
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
Working in the Development Practices and Innovation CoE, the “DevOps Operations” team is the fuel that keeps the development and deployment or the continuous delivery pipeline moving. This team of multi-faceted engineers work to automate and manage all aspects of the software development life cycle as it moves through the deployment pipeline. Broad understanding of continuous integration and delivery drives these members to continuously seek new and innovative ways to streamline the process that enables effective delivery of products to the operations team. These dedicated souls manage the tools used to enable the delivery of Agile products and product lines whilst managing the day-to-day challenges of keeping the CI engine tuned to deliver. This team also plays an important role in providing support to the business solution delivery teams as well as the IT operations team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work on DevOps transformation track for DataPower applications
- Perform a CI CD setup for the application using strategic tool set of organization.
- Able to perform the setup from the scratch for build and deploy
- Provide a smooth stable setup for BAU activities
- Provide a smooth transition of new setup to the application team with required coaching
- Have an end to end DevOps practice understanding.
- Good problem solving skill.
- Self-driven and can work independently.
MAJOR SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- A strong hand on expertise (5+ years of experience) in the below skill/tool:
o Strong working experience in Unix environment
o Hands-on DevOps level of experience in the GIT/Bitbucket and SVN
o Expertise in writing Jenkins file
o Good hands-on knowledge of Docker
o Strong hands-on experience in Ant
o Good working experience of Python
o Admin level work experience of Octopus or any other deployment tools
o Hands-on experience on ELK (Good to have)