There is a 8 months contract opportunity for PHP Developer-senior Kanata, Ottawa. Must have
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 8 Months
365 March Road
Job Posting Title: Developer – Senior
– Preferred location is Ottawa (365 March Rd). However, Toronto (1 Dundas St West) can be an option as well.
– This is a full-time onsite role and no remote or part-time work is acceptable
– Hiring Manager is open to market rate
Position Title: PHP Developer – Senior
The Senior PHP Developer will be a part of a highly skilled, Agile team and work in a collaborative environment where continuous learning opportunities and challenging work is a constant. You will employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality. Agile experience ideal but not required.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- 6+ years of industry experience developing PHP Applications working in WordPress
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
- Comfortable with UI/UX accessible and responsive design.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Able to communicate technical solutions at all org. levels
- Ability to learn quickly, work across full stack and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understanding existing application by reading source code with minimal documents
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Team player, leader and mentor
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
Key Must Haves:
- 6+ years in-depth knowledge and enterprise level development experience in PHP
- 5+ years experience with Advanced WordPress development, plugin development, multisite setups
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards (HTML5, CSS3, JSON, WCAG, …)
- 3 years development experience integrating with either internal or 3rd party APIs.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience trouble-shooting and resolving accessibility-related issues
- Develop PHP, JS and CSS code including appropriate component or automated acceptance test scripts.
- Experience working with Livesite/Teamsite
Other Nice to Have:
- Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (TeamCity, BitBucket, Maven, etc.)
- Experience with extending Gravity Forms and the suite of Gravity add-ons (Flow, View, Perks, etc.)
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields plugin or equivalent meta-field plugin (CMB2, WCK, etc.)
- Experience with Gutenberg block development or customization.