We have an excellent 2 Years contract opportunity for an Intermediate Database Administrator in Ottawa. Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• 5 + years of hands-on SQL Server Database Administration support.
• Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server Database Administration.
• Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server HA Clustering features.
• Excellent ability to troubleshoot database and SQL performance issues.
Job Posting Title: Database Administrator – Intermediate
Description: TITLE – Application DBA (SQL Server)
Duration – 2 Years
Job Posting Start Date: 11/22/2021
Job Posting End Date: 11/17/2023
Location – Kanata – Currently remote. Candidate should be located in Ottawa.
Rate is open for negotiation based on profile suitability. Client is ready to accept competitive market rate.
The successful candidate will be joining an innovative and highly skilled team of Database Administrators; providing in-depth SQL Server database support to the Canada Post Group of Companies.
The support mandate of the Enablers DBA team is two-fold.
1. Provide Development DBA services to our Canada Post, Purolator and ePost clients for enhancements and new application design initiatives.
2. Provide Operations DBA support for our clients established Production databases.
• SQL Server database administration.
• Provide DBA support to established SQL Server databases in development, test and production environments.
• Provide SQL Server DBA support to development projects (for both application enhancements and the creation of new applications).
• Adheres to operational and documentation standards and processes (including standard build, version control and migration processes).
• Follows standard incident, problem and change management processes.
• Provides status reporting to Management and escalates issues appropriately.
• Develops and maintains physical data models for custom built databases and provides input into the development of logical data models.
• Follows established security compliance, audit and access management practices.
• Researches and evaluates new and /or alternative solutions within area of expertise to enhance operational effectiveness
• Provides technical expertise/assistance to other Team members, Innovapost teams and clients.
• Works closely with projects and user communities to ensure the successful implementation of products/changes into the database environments.
• SQL Server Database Administration.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
1) 5 plus years of hands-on SQL Server Database Administration support
2) Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server Database Administration
3) Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server HA Clustering features
4) Excellent ability to troubleshoot database and SQL performance issues
5) Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Nice to have:
6) Vendor certification in SQL Server Database Administration
7) Experience supporting SQL Server through a Cloud Service
LOCATION OF WORK
8) Primary office location will be Kanata.
9) Given the industry shift to work from home strategies, it is expected but not guaranteed that some portion of the work week will be at the Contractors home office.
HOURS OF WORK
10) Monday to Friday; 8:00am to 4:30pm.
11) 37.5 hour work week, excluding statutory holidays.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable)
12) Minimal travel to Toronto to support our GTA based clients.