There is a 3 months contract opportunity with possible extension, in Toronto, for a Data Architect – Senior.
Must have 3-5 years’ significant experience as a Data Architect, with design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, Teradata or others.
Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT is required..
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto | 3 months
5280 Solar Drive
Description: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
– Possibility of extension at the end of the contract
– Contractor has to work 100 % on site
Working in the Business Solution Delivery team, the Data Architect provides consultation and expertise to drive the data architecture function. He/she establishes principles and long-term strategy for master data governance and data management to help the organization meet long-term goals for leveraging core master data assets to create value and mitigate potential costs due to improper handling of data.
This individual designs and builds complex relational databases and data warehouses, works with technical as well as end users to understand business requirements and identify data solutions. This role ensures the application of the models and standards by providing the development, analysis, design, and management of multiple complex data sources in support of clinical process and efficiency improvement initiatives. The Data Architect helps develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementations of databases on an enterprise level. He/she works in conjunction with and may provide leadership and direction to a team of database developers to meet technical requirements. The Data Architect also has in depth expertise with data security, data modeling, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication as well as other complex technical tools and solutions
– Participate in the development, evolution and oversight of the overall vision for Information Lifecycle of the corporation and clients by collaborating with management, staff and stakeholders on data strategy, architecture, rationalization, quality and analytics to support strategic business initiatives
– Provide guidance and basic principles to projects to assist efficient management of data assets
– Provide end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective
– Close the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams
– Establish and oversee basic data modeling principles
– Design data architectures, design and build complex relational databases and data warehouses to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements
– Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database
– Perform database tuning and optimization, provide suggestions on database performance improvement to the application support and/project development teams
– Develop Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data
– Provide expertise, guidance and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization
– Utilize industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business
– Implement Relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools
– Provide leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met
– Data management: significant experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, Teradata. or others;
– established and recognized area(s) of expertise in data standards and database products; strong data management skills including relationships and conversion requirements
NICE TO HAVE
– Client Management: can consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture
– Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross application context
– Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages
– Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments
– Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration
– Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain
– Excellent understanding of technologies (current and emerging)
– Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
– Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Data Architect.
– Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT.