There is a 1 year contract opportunity for a Data Architect – Senior, in Ottawa. Must have 5-10 yrs – Extensive position relevant experience. 5+ years of experience in architecture leadership
previous experience with IBM Infosphere Datastage and MS SQL will be preferred.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year
Job Posting Title: Data Architect – Senior
– Possibilities exist for contract extension after the initial mandate
– Hired contractor MUST work fulltime onsite at 365 March Rd, Kanata, ON
– Hiring manager is open to market rates
Under general direction, the Data Architect provides consultation and expertise to drive the data architecture function.
In this role, the Data Architect works with technical resources and end users to identify solid data solutions for business requirements.
The Data Architect ensures the application of the models and standards by providing the development, analysis, design, and management of multiple complex data sources in support of clinical process and efficiency improvement initiatives.
• Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project/initiative
• Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles
• Work closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented
• Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security
• Recognize opportunities for reuse, componentization, dependencies and interactions between components and projects and take ownership of resolving issues/conflicts
• Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches
• Support the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure.
• Producing information models that represent the business problem to be solved regarding data content, data relationships and structure
• Developing data management standards and practices, especially those which ensure data quality and data integrity across the corporation as part of the identification and definition of cross-enterprise data entities
• Providing guidance and consultation to individuals and groups to ensure on-going projects and initiatives are in alignment with the corporate data architecture standards
• Understanding business requirements and mapping them to the enterprise data and process models
• Clearly articulating pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
• Documenting use cases, solutions and recommendations
• Explaining the work in plain language for management
• Designs data architectures, designs and builds complex relational databases and data warehouses.
• Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
• Develops Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and, where possible, the reuse of data.
• Provides expertise and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization
• Provides leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met.
• Established and recognized area(s) of expertise in Data Management
• Relationship management with reports, peers, clients
• End-to-end vision encompassing lateral thinking
• Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
Experience & Skills requirements:
• 5-10 yrs – Extensive position related experience required
• 5+ years of experience in architecture leadership
• Candidate who have previous experience with IBM Infosphere Datastage and MS SQL will be preferred.
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Information Technology related certifications may be beneficial in area of expertise