There is a 1 year contract opportunity with possible extension for a Data Architect Senior in Ottawa.
Must have 10+ years’ experience in a corporate voice / data networking environment, with Nortel / Cisco Data equipment,
4+ years in a System Engineering Role, 2+ years as a Network/Voice Architect. Proficient knowledge of TCP/IP Data networking (including Nortel suite – Cisco Suite).
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 1 year contract with possible extension.
425 Legget Dr
Description: Job Position : Senior Data Engineer
– Starting date is ASAP
– Contract duration is 1 year with a possibility of extension
– Job location is on Legget drive in Ottawa. Selected candidate will work on site. Remote work could be an option at some point, down the line
Job description :
Reporting to the Data Manager, Network and Telephony Services, the Senior Data Engineer will take the lead role in Data Network Implementation Project & Service Management, of all Data networks delivered by Innovapost, for the Canada Post Group. This will include Canada Post, Purolator, SCI, Innovapost and ePost, data networks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for helping to design all new and Data network projects, establishing priorities in order to maintain the Data network infrastructure. S(he) will also be responsible for input into the communicating of operational status and coordinating new Data network project delivery schedules in order to manage stakeholder expectations regarding Data network functionality and service.
This is a “hands-on” engineering position requiring management, technical and operational skills. Once familiar with the infrastructure and ongoing operations, the incumbent will be given a high degree of autonomy in establishing daily priorities and activities.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Full life-cycle management (, deploy, manage ) of all voice/data network projects pertaining to the upgrading and maintaining of the CPG corporate voice/data network infrastructure.
- Serve as a liaison with other project teams, representing the best interests of the voice/data network
- Own the business relationship with key client stakeholders at the management level for Canada Post and align with other Innovapost Voice/Network teams for Purolator
- Provide regular management updates to the Director relating to voice network priorities in conjunction with operational support teams health/maintenance/uptime/etc reports.
- Identify the need for voice network enhancements and modifications
- In conjunction with Innovapost Voice Network Architects, develop options, recommendations and associated cost benefits for enhancements and modifications, preparing budgets and making recommendations on the most cost effective solutions
- Develop and manage Data implementation project teams in area of responsibility,
- Assist with VoIP troubleshooting and deployment
- Lead and develop action plans to resolve production issues
- Create and enforce operational processes and procedures with voice operations team that ensure operational excellence
- Provide contract management Experience
- Delivered (on time) to an organization in private industry or a Canadian Government agency, a cost effective, wired and / or wireless voice/data network solution(s), ensuring the effective integration of this solution into the existing private or Government voice network(s)
- Translated operational requirements into problem definitions and project requirements, evaluated proposed solutions and managed the development, testing and verification, and implementation of the chosen solution
- Have experienced a large scale voice\Data network integration effort
- Worked on Communication Data network solutions with Canadian Telco Service providers and OEM’s – Bell , Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Telus, Nortel, Cisco and Research in Motion
- Experience working directly with vendors to obtain required solutions at fair prices
- Experience managing client / end user expectations while maintaining high satisfaction levels
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a corporate voice / data networking environment
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a System Engineering Role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in as a Network/Voice Architect corporate voice/data networking environment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with Nortel / Cisco Data equipment
Must Have Skills
- Proficient knowledge of TCP/IP Data networking (including Nortel suite – Cisco Suite)
- Proficient knowledge of IP networking (including routers, MPLS, VPNs, QoS, Ethernet switching), network security (DDoS and Firewall)
- Knowledge of protocols (BGP, OSPF, TCP / IP, SNMP), network management, IT back office system interactions, traffic monitoring and tools capabilities
- Experience with Service Level Agreements
- Familiar with wireless communication protocols and standards (cellular and Wi-Fi)
Required soft skills:
- Problem-solving skills
- Use logic, structure and strategy as it relates to network planning, resulting in an ability to foresee and proactively assess network needs
- Have the ability to convey technical concepts and recommendations to non-technical staff at all levels
- Have a Technological background and experience in network design and implementation
- Should be proficient in the use of protocol ana