We have an excellent 9 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a Senior Data Architect in Toronto/Ottawa.
For now, work will be done remotely, and then it will be hybrid.
• Eligible for Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• 10+ years of progressive IT experience.
• 7+ years architecting and integrating data into an enterprise data warehouse.
• Enterprise data warehouse experience with Teradata or equivalent platform, must be hands-on and able to work with the Teradata Studio environment or directly with DDL.
• Strong SQL for data analysis and data profiling.
• Data modeling in erwin or similar tools.
Job Posting Title: Data Architect – Senior
Description: Job Title : Data Architect
Contract Length: 9 months (possibility of renewal) Start date: November 21st, 2022
Location: Mississauga, Ottawa, or Toronto – (Remote for now – hybrid remote environment eventually).
Job Posting Start Date: 11/21/2022
Job Posting End Date: 08/21/2023
Location: March Road
The contract Data Architect will be assigned to the Health & Safety – Billing and Grievances Project and the deliverables consists of creating and populating enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) objects in Teradata with data related to health & safety metrics, grievances, human rights, tenure, attrition, turnover, retention, attrition and leave, which will update within current dashboards and populate new dashboards in Power BI. Due to the size of this initiative, we will need multiple Data Architects: will immediately start one and bring in a second one during early 2023.
The Data Architect provides consultation and expertise to drive the data architecture function:
• Integrate data from our source systems into our Teradata Data Warehouse ensuring best practices and standards are followed.
• Work with end users to understand business requirements and identify appropriate data solutions.
• Participate in the development, evolution, and oversight of the overall vision for Information Lifecycle of the corporation and clients by collaborating with management, staff and stakeholders on data strategy, architecture, rationalization, quality, and analytics to support strategic business initiatives
• Work with data bundled in the Sodales system and interact with the following business groups: Health & Safety and Disability Management, Labour Relations, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Understanding of Data Integration Frameworks and Patterns
• Expertise in data standards and data management skills including data modeling and information integration
• Solution design: workflow concepts and integration of data in a cross-application environment
• Application development concepts: familiar with System Development Life Cycle, design, and development of data delivery services within medium to highly complex application environments
• Ability to understand the impact of a change at an Enterprise level (Impact Analysis)
• Sees the bigger picture and designs solutions with the Enterprise in mind, and not just at the Project level
• 10+ years of progressive IT experience, 7+ years architecting and integrating data into an enterprise data warehouse
• Enterprise data warehouse experience with Teradata or equivalent platform, must be hands-on and able to work with the Teradata Studio environment or directly with DDL
• Strong SQL for data analysis and data profiling
• Data modeling in erwin or similar tools
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Asset)
NICE TO HAVE
• Knowledge of data capabilities, functions, features and facilities of relevant application platforms (e.g. Client Vision, Frontier, SAP, Sodales)
• Stored procedures
• Teradata Utilities
• On-prem to Cloud Migration
• Cloud-based data management tools