There is a 15 months contract opportunity for a Data Analytics & Report Developer in Ottawa.
Reliability level security clearance is mandatory.
Must have Experience in developing Reports, SQL Query and Data Base Administration.
Experience in creating reports using PowerBI and/or Tableau and writing and reading SQL on intermediate to complex queries.
Experience with the following tools: SQL, Oracle, Business Objects, PowerBI, Tableau.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com refer someone interested.
TITLE: Data Analytics & Report Developer
Site: Ottawa | 15 months
Location: 9 Auriga Dr, Ottawa, ON
Contractor will initially start remotely. Once the government permits onsite work, the contractor will have to work full-time onsite.
The Data Analytics and Report Developer is responsible for the delivery of leading edge analytical and reporting solutions. This key role will work closely across functions to understand the data needs of different lines of business and craft solutions to support information-based decisions. Creates specifications of new reporting, produce in-depth analysis for key business issues based on business requirements, leveraging knowledge in Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Data Analytics and Report Developer
· Leverages SAS and other data query tools as required to pull data from multiple sources and amalgamate into new data sets for analytical and reporting purposes based on the business requirements.
· Develops reports for clients including summaries of use cases, results, gaps, recommendations and documentation of how to best use the provided solutions.
· Performs quality assurance on new reports and changes to reports
· Develops analytical for data generated by a variety of applications and products.
· Provides data analysis for organization’s improvement initiatives using the Address and Delivery Data Warehouse.
· Performs data mining tasks, such as classification and gap analysis. Makes recommendations on how to clean the data.
· Creates data visualization solutions in Power BI and/or Tableau
· Conducts high level reviews to identify client needs, problems and opportunities alongside with other business functions to determine if a possible solution can be developed. Continuously identify opportunities and solutions to better meet business needs.
· Effectively communicates the business and technical benefits of the analytic solution to both business and technical audiences.
· Performs data integration to improve data availability and quality to meet tactical and strategic goals
· University degree in a related field, such as Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent DBA / Report Developer / Data Scientist experience is required
Experience (MUST Have)
· Experience in a corporate technology environment developing Reports, SQL Query and Data Base Administration
· Experience in creating reports using PowerBI and/or Tableau
· Confident with writing and reading SQL on intermediate to complex queries
· Solid Understanding of data warehouse, cubes and MDM tools
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, Access, and Visio
· Detail oriented with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Able to proactively work alone and within a team environment
· Results oriented to deliver high quality results in a timely manner
· Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, will possess the flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment; will possess strong organizational and prioritization skills
· Proven record of successful project management, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, time management, and be able to prioritize the tasks
· Experience with the following tools: SQL, Oracle, Business Objects, PowerBI, Tableau
· Knowledge of SAS and other data query tools (SQL)
· Familiarity with business objects (Crystal Report) will be a plus
· Knowledge of IT processes and infrastructure required to support business intelligence and analytics