There is a 3 months contract opportunity with possible extension, for Senior Business Analyst in Kanata, Ottawa.
Must have 5+ years of Business Analyst experience. 3 or more years Digital applications experience. Experience in BPM modelling and in working with Agile/Scrum methodology required.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 3months
365 March Road
Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Senior
– The initial contract is for 3 months. However, there are strong possibilities of contract extension after the initial mandate
– Hiring Manager is open to market rate
– Hired contractor will have to work full-time onsite at 365 March Rd and there is no flexibility in terms of location
– Please see attached for detailed job description
Innovapost is looking for an Intermediate-to-Senior Level Business Analyst to lead the analysis for Automated Parcel Lockers project. Strong coordination and understanding of all Innovapost product areas an asset as the project will involve integration across all product groups.
The objective of the Automated Parcel Lockers is to add integrated stand-alone indoor + outdoor cell app and touchscreen lockers. The goal is to procure hardware and develop functionality to be able to launch at up to 10 sites in 2020. Beyond this another 90 locations are planned for deployment in 2021 with expanded functionality.
- Understands client organization’s short and long term direction and structure.
- Produces Request for Information / Request for Proposal. Makes recommendations based on client organization’s industry and competitive position.
- Works with the customer on an on-going basis to understand their business in technical terms, identify on-going product and system improvements, and recommends existing or customized solutions.
- Present to, and work alongside, various levels of the client’s organization.
- Set up and maintain the requirements traceability matrix.
- Works with the project manager, architects, and other team members to define metrics, performance goals and roadmap and provides recommendations for short and long term strategies.
- Participates in transitioning the requirements to the designers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Proactively identifies risks and recommends mitigation strategies for the corporation as a whole.
- Client Management : Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables
- 5+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- Experience in process design and re-engineering, process mapping, gathering business requirements, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, including written, verbal and presentation skills. (Required)
- 3 or more years Digital applications experience, Design thinking, Backlog management, Service integration design skills, BPM modelling (Required)
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum methodology (Required)
- Value management : can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies
- Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations
- Knowledge of JIRA (Asset)
- Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Excellent ideation and problem solving skills
- Team focused and success driven. Ability to adapt to changing Digital landscape
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks
- Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories