We have an excellent 9 months contract opportunity for a Business Analyst – SAP Procurement, in Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation changes.
- Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
- 5+ years of extensive experience with SAP MM/SRM/ARIBA
- 3+ full cycle project implementations
- Experience in contributing to the success of a range of medium to large initiatives (1 Million + – IT effort) with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT
- 3+ years of Experience in Application Configuration, and Testing
- 3+ years of Experience in Release / Deployment management
- Agile experience.
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Senior
Job Posting Start Date: 04/19/2021
Job Posting End Date: 12/31/2021
Start date is ASAP
There is a possibility of extension
Location: March Road
Description: Job title: Business Analyst – SAP Procurement
Location: Hired contractor will start working remotely. However, when Innovapost resumes onsite work, contractor will have to work from Ottawa, March Road.
Hiring Team is open to receive resume of strong candidates from the Toronto market too.
Hiring Team is open to competitive market rate
Interviews: They will be conducted by the Business Architect
Business Analyst – SAP Procurement
Start Date: ASAP, End Date: December 31, 2021 – Possibility of extension
Ottawa – March Road. Local candidate preferred unless super skills
The interviews will be conducted by the Business architect.
Reporting to the Business Architect, the Business Analyst (“BA”) collaborates with the Business Solution Delivery team (“BSD”) and related technical resources to analyze, define, validate and document business requirements. The Business Analyst understands the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitates the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. The BA bridges the needs of the business partners with the use of IT and identify options for designing and improving business systems. This individual understands business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Define and utilize relevant business analysis techniques and methodologies to perform solution analysis and design, this could include but is not limited to:
- Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
- Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
- Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
- Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
- Development of test cases as appropriate
- Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
- Drive the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes and IT solutions via development of business and functional requirements:
- Identify the current and future-state business processes
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future
- Determine operational objectives by studying critical business functions (“CBFs”), gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Provide continuous improvement services to improve existing business processes and inform the Business Solution Delivery leadership team of potential continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage process conformance and compliance as appropriate (e.g. PCI)
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures
- Support change management activities
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
- Client Management : Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables
- Business analysis: familiar with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modeling techniques, able to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes and able to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews
- Value management : can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies
- Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations
- Academic : university degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience or combination thereof (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA)(Asset)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
- 5+ years of extensive experience with SAP MM/SRM/ARIBA (required)
- 3+ full cycle project implementations (required)
- Experience in contributing to the success of a range of medium to large initiatives (1 Million + – IT effort) with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality (required)
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT (required)
- Knowledgeable in systems change / configuration management (required)
- 3+ years of Experience in Application Configuration, and Testing (required)
- 3+ years of Experience in Release / Deployment management (required)
- Agile experience. (required)
- Jira tools experience. (Asset)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations
- Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks
- Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with other SAP Modules such as SAP FICO, Fiori, Solution Manager.
- ABAP skill is an asset.
|Job Category||Business Analyst|