We have an excellent 5 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a Senior Business Analyst (SAP Procurement) in Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
• 5+ years of extensive experience with SAP MM/SRM/ARIBA P2P/Ariba CIG/FICO
• 3+ full cycle project implementations.
• Lead contributor to the success of a range of medium to large initiatives ($1 Million + IT effort) with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality.
• 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT. Ability to lead workshops and gather requirements.
• 3+ years of Experience in Application Configuration/ABAP, and Testing
• 3+ years of Experience in Release / Deployment management
• Agile experience.
Job Title: Business Analyst – SAP Procurement
Duration: Start Date: ASAP,
End Date: December 31, 2021 – Possibility of extension
Location: Ottawa – March Road. Local candidate preferred unless super skills
Interviewer: The interviews will be conducted by the Business architect.
• Reporting to the Business Architect, the Business Analyst (“BA”) collaborates with the Business Solution Delivery team (“BSD”) and related technical resources to analyze, define, validate and document business requirements. The Business Analyst understands the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitates the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. The BA bridges the needs of the business partners with the use of IT and identify options for designing and improving business systems. This individual understands business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Define and utilize relevant business analysis techniques and methodologies to perform solution analysis and design, this could include but is not limited to:
• Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
• Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
• Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.
• Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
• Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
• Development of test cases as appropriate
• Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
• Drive the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes and IT solutions via development of business and functional requirements:
• Identify the current and future-state business processes
• Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future
• Determine operational objectives by studying critical business functions (“CBFs”), gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
• Provide continuous improvement services to improve existing business processes and inform the Business Solution Delivery leadership team of potential continuous improvement opportunities
• Manage process conformance and compliance as appropriate (e.g. PCI)
• Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures
• Support change management activities
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
• Client Management : Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables
• Business analysis: familiar with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modeling techniques, able to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes and able to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews
• Value management : can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies
• Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations
• Academic : university degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience or combination thereof (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA)(Asset)
• Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
• 5+ years of extensive experience with SAP MM/SRM/ARIBA P2P/Ariba CIG/FICO(required)
• 3+ full cycle project implementations (required)
• Lead contributor to the success of a range of medium to large initiatives ($1 Million + IT effort) with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality (required)
• 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT (required). Ability to lead workshops and gather requirements.
• 3+ years of Experience in Application Configuration/ABAP, and Testing (required)
• 3+ years of Experience in Release / Deployment management (required)
• Agile experience. (required)
• Jira tools experience. (Asset)
• Ability to lead workshops that involve multiple vendors/organizations.
• Ability to work independently and also strong team player
• Knowledgeable in systems change / configuration management (required)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations
• Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks
• Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories