We have an excellent 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for an Intermediate Business Analyst in Toronto.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
• 3+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role – IT background.
• Technical Writing Experience.
• 1 Year minimum experience in a QA Lead role.
• Agile/ Scrum/ Hybrid experience.
• MS Office, MS Visio proficiency
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Intermediate
Job Posting Start Date: 11/22/2021
Job Posting End Date: 05/21/2022
Location: Meadowpine Blvd
Duration: 6 months – possibility of extension
Location: Currently remote – may be required to be in office
The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed. In addition, this role requires the ability to perform functional testing and related testing activities. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels. Works with the IT Partner, architects, analysts, business stakeholders, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies and applications. This role is with the Retail, Operations and Customer Care team.
• Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs.
• Document requirements, define scope and objectives to meet business goals.
• Understanding and documenting REST API configurations and specifications.
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Prepare business reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Conduct and coordinate product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning.
• Collaborate with architects, analysts, cross-functional project groups, to document dependencies and solutions understood by all technical groups.
• Understand and communicate the operational impact of any changes.
• Suggest changes using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the change approval process.
• Create informative implementation, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Support Product Owner and/or Project Manager to document and manage requirements in Jira and Confluence.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
• Support QA to identify, record, document, monitor defects in Jira, and updates documentation in Confluence as required.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, as there will be much interaction with other people, as well as capturing user requirements and articulating user acceptance criteria.
• Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, SOAP-UI, Postman.
• Working knowledge of serverless applications on cloud e.g. AWS technologies.
• Available and willing to collaborate with other team members. Strong team player as well as able to work independently.
• Completely understands principles of agile development, and able to document business requirements as user stories (Required).
• Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or any other RDBMS.
• Knowledge of SDLC, testing concepts, and testing methodologies.
1) A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Business Analyst role – IT background (Required)
2) Technical Writing Experience
3) 1 Year minimum experience in a QA Lead role
4) Agile/ Scrum/ Hybrid experience (Required)
5) MS Office, MS Visio proficiency (Required)
6) Strong communication skills (Required)
7) Academic: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
1) Cloud, AWS experience (Asset)
2) Basic SQL query writing experience (Asset)
3) Soap UI and Postman Experience (Asset)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations.
• Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
• Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks.