We have an excellent 1 year contract opportunity, with strong possibility of extension, for a Business Analyst, in Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes.
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
• Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables
• 5 or more years experience in Business analysis and software support. Excellent problem solving, planning, and interpersonal skills.
• 5 or more years Application Development experience, Design thinking, Backlog management, Service integration design skills, BPM modelling
• Experience in working with Agile/Scrum methodology
Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Intermediate
• 1-Year. Possibility of extension
• Start Date: ASAP
LOCATION: The Hiring Manager is open to either March Rd. or Dundas, however, if things go back to normal, priority would be given to March Road.
Location: March Road
Description: A – JOB PROFILE SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Business Domain Architect (“BDA”), the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting IT products and services. The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed. The role troubleshoots and solves issues, evaluates value of user change requests and assists in monitoring, measuring, and enhancing the service. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels. Works with the IT Partner, architects, analysts, business stakeholders, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies and applications.
B – MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Performs a set of tasks and facilitation techniques used to work as a partner among stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to meet its goals. In partnership with the Solution Architect, performs enterprise analysis prior to pursuing business specific solutions. Creates visual models, elicits, & documents requirements.
• Provides second level application services support to internal business users. Performs in depth research and identify sources of production issues. Investigates and documents root cause analysis of issues. Focused on the delivery of the service’s business outcomes and Key Performance Indicators, when determining work priorities.
• Work closely with business and technology partners in identifying process improvement opportunities. Build and foster relationships across multiple workgroups and scrum teams.
• Provides impact analysis of process and technical change requests to existing service. Analyzes impact of Information Technology environment changes and upgrades on the application services and coordinates testing and change management. Analyzes trends in application support tickets and executes problem management practices to eliminate recurring incidents. Assists in the development and execution of test plans, and documents results as necessary. Maintains system documentation.
C – CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES CHARACTERISTICS:
• Client Management : Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables (Required)
• 5 or more years Business analysis and software support. Excellent problem solving, planning, and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication, including written, verbal and presentation skills. (Required)
• 5 or more years Application Development experience, Design thinking, Backlog management, Service integration design skills, BPM modelling (Required)
• Experience in working with Agile/Scrum methodology (Required)
• Value management : can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies
• Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations
• Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
• Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Excellent ideation and problem solving skills
• Team focused and success driven. Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks
• Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories