There is a 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a Business Analyst – Intermediate in Mississauga, Toronto.
Must have minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst role.
2-3 years of experience in writing detailed functional specifications for a variety of applications, User Interfaces, Integrations.
Knowledge of ETL components, MS Office, MS Visio proficiency and Agile/ Scrum experience is required.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto | 6 months
5280 Solar Drive
Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Intermediate
– This is a full-time onsite role at Mississauga. No flexibility for part-time or remote work
– Hired BA will be engaged in couple of different projects.
– There are high possibilities of contract extension after the initial mandate
– Hiring manager is open to market rate
– Although the start date is mentioned as March 2nd, but there is flexibility to move the date. But hiring manager would prefer someone who can start ASAP
The role performs business analysis with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels. Works with the IT Partner, architects, analysts, business stakeholders, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies and applications.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.) Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
- Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
- Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
- Writing detailed functional specifications for system behaviour, system integrations such as creating source and target mapping of information across systems
- Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
- Assisting with development of test scenarios and test cases as appropriate
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
- Strong abilities to perform business analysis, translating requirements into functional specifications that can help drive specification for developers and/or testers as needed. Need to be an all-rounder, but emphasis for this role is especially on business systems analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, as there will be much interaction with other people, as well as capturing user requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman
- Highly available at work during regular hours to interact closely with other team members. Strong team player as well as able to work independently
- Completely understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories (Required)
- Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or any other RDBMS
- Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (PMP), TOGAF certification (Asset)
o Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst role (Required)
o 2-3 years of experience in writing detailed functional specifications for a variety of applications, User Interfaces, Integrations, ETL components (Required)
o Strong communication skills (Required)
o Agile/ Scrum experience (Required)
o MS Office, MS Visio proficiency (Required)
o Salesforce, Cloud, AWS experience (Asset)
o Basic SQL query writing experience (Asset)
o Soap UI experience (Asset)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations
- Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks