There is a 10 month contract opportunity for Business Analyst – INT in Ottawa.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
Must have Experience in contributing to the success of a range of small-to-medium initiatives with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality.
Experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT.
Experience in an Agile environment writing and refining User Stories for Application development.
TITLE: Business Analyst -INTERMEDIATE
Site: Ottawa | 10 months
Contractor will initially start remotely. Once the government permits onsite work, the contractor will have to work full-time onsite.
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
The Business Analyst (“BA”) collaborates with Application development team and related business resources to analyze, define, validate and document business requirements. The Business Analyst understands the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitates the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. The BA bridges the needs of the business with the use of IT and identify options for developing IT systems. This individual understands business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Define and utilize relevant business analysis techniques and methodologies to perform solution analysis and design, this could include but is not limited to:
i. Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.) analysis
ii. Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
iii. Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
iv. Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
v. Development of test cases as appropriate
vi. Development of detailed user stories
vii. Refinement of detailed user stories
· Drive the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes and IT solutions via development of business and functional user stories
viii. Identify the current and future-state business processes
ix. Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future
x. Help the business stakeholders in the documentation of user stories
· Manage process conformance and compliance as appropriate (e.g. PCI)
· Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures
· Support change management activities
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
· Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES CHARACTERISTICS
· Client Management : Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into user stories
· Business analysis: familiar with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modeling techniques, able to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes and able to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews
· Value management: can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and overall program strategies
· Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations
· Academic : university degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience or combination thereof (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA)(Asset)
· Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (PMP), TOGAF certification (Asset)
· Experience in contributing to the success of a range of small-to-medium initiatives with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality
· Experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT
· Experience in an Agile environment writing and refining User Stories for Application development
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
· Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations
· Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs
· Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
· Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories