There is 5 months contract opportunity for an ETL Developer – Sr, in Toronto.
Must have 5 to 10 years of relevant SAS development experience.
3+ year development with database technologies. 1+ year experience with data warehousing methodologies & in PL/SQL development.
Experience on Teradata and InfoSphere suite (DataStage / QualityStage / FastTrack / IDA in particular).
Reliability level Security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto | 5 months
5280 Solar Drive
Job Posting Title: Architecture – ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer – Senior
- The position is to be filled ASAP
- Contract duration is 3 month from start date with a possibility of extension
- Candidate will have to work on site
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model and business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform data analysis and data modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings.
- Load target data bases using complex transformations that come from many systems.
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in the design sessions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements.
- Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews.
- Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL run book.
- Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document).
Experience & Requirements:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant SAS development experience required.
- 3+ year development with database technologies.
- 1+ year experience with data warehousing methodologies.
- 1+ year experience in PL/SQL development.
- Preference will be given to people with experience on Teradata and InfoSphere suite (DataStage / QualityStage / FastTrack / IDA in particular).
- SAS developer resource that will be able to support the development migration of ETL to the new SAS 9.4 system
- Support existing SAS 9.2 system including code reviews and general questions, until migration to 9.4, then support 9.4.
- Work will include research and solution design on various SAS projects.
- Good understanding of IBM DataStage.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects