There is a 9 months contract opportunity with possible extension for Application Support Manager – Senior, in Toronto.
Must have 5-10 yrs Application Support experience. Demonstrated experience with JSE and JEE Technologies,
Tomcat, Glassfish or WebLogic, Maven, ANT, TeamCity, Jenkins, CVS, Mercurial, GIT (gitflow workflow) and Sonar
Security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR refer someone interested.
Site: Toronto | 9 months
Job Posting Title: Application Support Manager – Senior
– There are possibilities of contract extension after initial mandate
– There is NO flexibility in work location.
The hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite at 1 Dundas St West, Toronto, ON
The Application Support Manager Acts as the single point of contact for the various client groups s/he supports. This role provides overall leadership and management of nine support team members as well as participating in the delivery of moderately large diverse and/or strategic projects.
Day to day activities include leading the team in providing application support and maintenance including daily check, minor fixes or changes and minor application upgrades/patches, as well as documentation management for custom application and COTS programs. The ideal candidate will have strong hands on development experience and will be able to provide technical and functional guidance to team members to resolve moderate to complex problems.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Maintains the relationships between Innovapost & client groups, direct reports with other support teams/groups within Innovapost.
• Communicates with various departments within multiple client organizations (CPC, Purolator) with respect to their problems/issues, development and support needs. Seeks to bridge any gaps between the various teams at Innovapost while resolving those demands.
• Oversees a team of technical support consultants. Responsible for performance evaluations, day-to-day supervision, and career development. Builds a cohesive team, and offers coaching and mentoring in areas that require it.
• Provides input to the overall designs for multiple projects that impact his/her area of support
• Advises on moderate to complex, multifaceted and integrated projects that span applications and business areas, with significant business, political or high profile impact and high-risk dependencies from concept to final implementation
• Defines project scope and develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, status reports and analysis
• Monitors project progress in terms of deliverables, coordination of tasks and resources, implementation, timelines, functionality, quality and cost
• Important responsibilities of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related experience
• 5-10 yrs Application Support experience
• Minimum 4 years at the team lead / manager level supporting medium to large scale applications
• Proven ability to motivate and manage others, leadership skills
• Proven experience working in hectic and results oriented environments
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Web and JAVA development experience
• Demonstrated experience with JSE and JEE Technologies ( JMS, JDBC, XML, JSP, XPath and XSLT) as well as industry standard frameworks (Spring, STRUTS and hibernate)
• Demonstrated experience building solutions on application containers such as Tomcat, Glassfish or WebLogic.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in tiered architectures
• Demonstrated experience in a continuous integration environment using tools such as Maven, ANT, TeamCity, Jenkins, CVS, Mercurial, GIT (gitflow workflow) and Sonar.
• PMP certification
• Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
• Knowledge or prior experience in ITIL/ITSM
• Working knowledge of middleware tools such as IBM MQ, Nginx, IIS, HA Proxy
• Working knowledge in agile project management tools such as JIRA