We have an excellent 1 year contract opportunity for a Senior Angular Developer in Ottawa.
Work would be done remotely until the pandemic situation normalizes
• Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory
• 5+ years’ Development Knowledge and experience in Angular platforms (Angular 2+, preferably Angular 6/7/8)
• Experience with RESTful services
• Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (preferably Git and Maven)
• Experience with Responsive design principles – desktop vs mobile view (flexible components)
• Good working knowledge in HTML5, CSS/SASS/SCSS preferred)
If you are available, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR refer someone interested.
Job Title: Angular Developer – Senior
Period: 1 year
Start Date: ASAP (08-09-2021)
Working Hrs.: 7.50 Hrs./day
Who is Innovapost?
Great question! We are the technology arm of the Canada Post Group of companies. This includes Canada Post, Purolator, and SCI. By joining us you will be able to make a positive impact on how every Canadian delivers and receives their packages and mail. Next time you see your neighbor picking up their mail and receiving a package, you will be able to say “you’re welcome!”
What role you will play?
We are looking for a passionate Frontend Developer to join our team. As a Frontend Developer in our company, you will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects in a fully Agile/Scrum team environment.
Reporting to the Business Solution Delivery Development Lead for the Digital sub-domain, the Frontend Developer will have a diversified role developing code in accordance with application development standards and best practices, while working on projects, change requests, minor enhancements and defect resolution. He or she will be responsible for analyzing, developing and delivering technical solutions for the Digital sub-domain that satisfy the business requirements, and align with enterprise architecture. The Frontend Developer will also work with incident management teams to investigate and resolve issues and defects with various applications. We are an Agile organization, so previous exposure to Agile/Scrum methodologies is a big plus.
What you would be responsible for? (Apart from Innovating)
• Work collaboratively with clients and co-workers to define product requirements and technical solutions
• Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, and sprint reviews
• Understand the work packages/user stories and provide work effort estimates to the Project Manager
• Develop, integrate, test, maintain and enhance existing and proprietary platform applications
• Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned
• Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed
• Participate in code reviews and commit to high quality code
• Prepare and implement the technical solution to the production environment
• Investigate and provide post implementation support of the technical solution implemented
• Assist in developing technical documentation
** MUST HAVES**
1) 5+ years’ Development Knowledge and experience in Angular platforms (Angular 2+, preferably Angular 6/7/8)
2) Experience with RESTful services
3) Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (preferably Git and Maven)
4) Experience with Responsive design principles – desktop vs mobile view (flexible components)
6) Good working knowledge in HTML5, CSS/SASS/SCSS preferred)
** NICE TO HAVES**
• Development knowledge and experience working with Java application servers (preferably Tomcat)
• Secure coding practices, including spring security, and knowledge of common OWASP security findings
• Spring JDBC, or equivalent database development tools knowledge (nice)
• Experience with high-traffic and high-volume application development
• Knowledge of Redux design patterns
• Developing for accessibility
• Experience with Agile software development
• Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
*** Additional notes – looking for more experienced candidates in front end technologies.